London Black Lives Matter Protest | Page 6 | Vital Football

London Black Lives Matter Protest

• Thread starter Deleted member 13556
  • Start date
I take a lot of notice of what you say Bud, but leave out being rude to people, especially people you don't know personally. We are not Millwall fans, we are Gillingham fans. We mostly don't know who we are replying to personally, so even though we disagree with someone, maybe be more tolerant, because they might not be a complete tosser :-)

Well said mate

I take a lot of notice of what you say Bud, but leave out being rude to people, especially people you don't know personally. We are not Millwall fans, we are Gillingham fans. We mostly don't know who we are replying to personally, so even though we disagree with someone, maybe be more tolerant, because they might not be a complete tosser :-)

I think the "Fab Four" has a better ring to it.

I'm up to four too btw. I wonder if they are all the same ones. Do be a bit kinder to Tarian though as he isn't on a deliberate wind up and genuinely sees things in a different way.

Ok, I'll take these comments on board. I will try to be less rude with posters who irritate me.

Fab four does sound better. You keep alluding to something with regard to Tarian, '58, but I've not cottoned on. I'll private message you about this...

"privilege, it's just a fact"
Please define "privilege" ( then maybe we can be sure it's not an opinion).

Is it the mere fact of "having more" ?

Or is that the "privileged" somehow get things / opportunities that no one else gets offered ?
If the latter, are special opportunities available only to white people ?
(i.e. there's nothing where non-whites get first dibs)

Or something else ?

May I suggest that you take care with your response.
There are plenty of white people who feel under-privileged.
(And in Africa, plenty of black people who are "privileged".)

Apparently someone said yesterday that the UK was one of the best places in the world for black people - and this prompted predictable outrage from SJWs.
So it was discussed on LBC this morning.

Plenty of black people agreed that the UK was a good place - not perfect - but by and large OK race-wise
They were not at all impressed at the general negativity and exaggerated claims of racism around every corner.

Striking was the young black woman, who phoned in say how bad things are.
She couldn't come up with anything worse than "getting a bad vibe" - despite being given plenty of chances (without interruption) to give a concrete example.

Just what is an sjw - no use trying to act as an intellectual without understanding a subject? You always quote someone else's opinion that matches your biased opinion and which is irrelevant. Those carefully selected opinions do not cover the populations experience or necessarily a truth, they cover a minority of a minority view that the media select for us.

This in reality has nothing to do with ethnicity but everything to do with people being pitted against each other for limited resources orchestrated by the forces that control your strings.
As an aside - If you really believe that everything is hunky dory re race in the uk then you are part of the problem.

This video explains perfectly for you wx.
Does it ?

For a start.
(And let's assume the "race" has not been choreographed beforehand ......:rolleyes:)

There is little equivalence between "life" and one person's arbitrary series of "2 steps forward".

Most of the "privileges" amount to the same thing re-phrased.
e.g. "Both parents still married" seems similar to ""grew up with a father figure"

e.g. "access to a private education" and "access to a private tutor" each get 2 steps forward (and what does "access" mean?)

e.g. "Never had to help Mom and Dad with the bills" is another way of saying "Never wondered where the next meal comes from".

And throw in a First World problem:
"Never had to worry about the cell phone being shut off". Really ?

I wonder how many of the "actors" did so willingly - and how many felt "guilt-tripped" by their SJW teacher.

In short, a crude appeal to emotion.

Ok, I'll take these comments on board. I will try to be less rude with posters who irritate me.

Fab four does sound better. You keep alluding to something with regard to Tarian, '58, but I've not cottoned on. I'll private message you about this...

I understand exactly what 58 means.

I understand exactly what 58 means.

What does he mean then?!

I got a feeling that whatever it is '58 thinks, he doesn't want to say it on the board. Why don't you either post up here what you think '58 means, or if you don't want to put it up on here, send me a private message. Cheers.

I think the "Fab Four" has a better ring to it.

I'm up to four too btw. I wonder if they are all the same ones. Do be a bit kinder to Tarian though as he isn't on a deliberate wind up and genuinely sees things in a different way.
Thank you.

You and I seem to disagree a lot about politics.
But I think you agree that - even if it means taking a moment before hitting "Reply" - civilised discourse is more likely to lead to understanding and progress - even if not agreement.

Just what is an sjw - no use trying to act as an intellectual without understanding a subject? You always quote someone else's opinion that matches your biased opinion and which is irrelevant. Those carefully selected opinions do not cover the populations experience or necessarily a truth, they cover a minority of a minority view that the media select for us.

This in reality has nothing to do with ethnicity but everything to do with people being pitted against each other for limited resources orchestrated by the forces that control your strings.
As an aside - If you really believe that everything is hunky dory re race in the uk then you are part of the problem.
SJW ?
Sorry. I've been lazy and copied from Wikipedia.
The key point is the 2nd sentence.... i.e. NOT that "civil rights" are a bad thing.

>>
Social justice warrior (SJW) is a pejorative term for an individual who promotes socially progressive views, including feminism, civil rights, and multiculturalism.[1][2][3]
The accusation that somebody is an SJW carries implications that they are pursuing personal validation rather than any deep-seated conviction, and engaging in disingenuous arguments
<<

I would also emphasise the "warrior" element as being someone who actively looks for some imagined harm (under every rock, around every corner) and exaggerates a supposed social "error" into something to go on a big offensive about.

[I will probably carry on using "SJW" for short when arguments (IMO) are exaggerated - but happy to be challenged each time.]

p.s. On "race". Not "hunky dory" - at least not now with all the stirring going on
But it seems curious to me that race relations have got noticeably worse since around 2000 - which around when "ethnicity" monitoring and form-filling started - and every one got put into "communities" (where, bizarrely each "member" thinks the same ....:rolleyes:).

These practices seem to be the root cause of "division"
(.....and people who emphasise difference are "part of the problem")

Surely we should be focusing on themes that unite ?

Sorry must have missed the middle themes.

You always quote someone else's opinion that matches your biased opinion and which is irrelevant.
What on earth makes you think my opinions aren't my own ?
And most opinions are "biased" - based on our assumptions.
Surely what matters is whether we express a justification ?

Those ... opinions do not cover the populations experience or necessarily a truth,...
As someone who has canvassed a few thousand people for elections and referendums, I'm pretty sure that my opinions have plenty of assenters (and some dissenters).

. Those .... opinions .... cover a minority of a minority view that the media select for us.
The broadcast media very rarely broadcast such views - despite them being widespread "out there". Hence distrust at the MSM and their "fake news"

I agree with your first part.
Those that promote "identity politics" by pigeon-holing people into supposedly homogenous "communities" (not always ethnicity) are the ones "pitting people against each other".

So despite me wanting nothing to do with such divisive politics, you seem to be saying that people with views I despise are pulling my "strings".
They must be very clever !:oops:

After the virus receeds, people should have a day in London and just ride around having a look. It's the thing I miss most about lockdown, my daily trip up the DLR, just watching people. "Black" is diverse as "white". West Indians are different to Nigerians and Somalians are different to Brazilians. Society is divided between rich and poor more than it is black and white.

A 16 year old white girl in Liverpool with no qualifications has no more privilege than a 16 year old black girl in Peckham with no qualifications. "Blacks" do worse than whites at school, but Nigerians do better than afro-carribeans. Indians and Chinese do better than everyone (including whites). And white traveller children do worse than everyone. It's frankly boring to keep hearing about white privilege when so many whites are in poverty, in Glasgow, Merthyr Tydfil, Liverpool and Sunderland etc.

Today in Whitehall.

Soldiers from the Household Cavalry were heckled by a group of protesters as they cleaned anti Police graffiti daubed on a Whitehall war memorial during the Black Lives Matter march.

Wtf is going on in this country? 😳

Today in Whitehall.

Soldiers from the Household Cavalry were heckled by a group of protesters as they cleaned anti Police graffiti daubed on a Whitehall war memorial during the Black Lives Matter march.

Wtf is going on in this country? 😳

Perhaps we need new laws concerning Respect , that take into account the upset and anger these actions provoke.