Liverpool v Aston Villa Match Thread Sunday 5th July KO 16:30 | Vital Football

Liverpool v Aston Villa Match Thread Sunday 5th July KO 16:30

Hopefully they will have all been out on the piss celebrating their title win.

Then we may not lose by many.

I can see our goal difference taking a battering.

Apparently Danny Drinkwater has impressed in training and with his fitness, so we can all breathe more easily in that knowledge

No surprises that Klopp has already said that there will be no let up from Liverpool. They can still set a new points record, finish with the largest winning margin and achieve a 100% home win record. Salah still has a good chance of the golden boot and even Mane could fancy his chances if he can get another hat trick against us.

They have no other distractions so I expect a pretty much full strength team and a hammering, which would effectively mean losing a point to Watford. I imagine we will start with a 9-0-1 formation and try to frustrate them. How long can we do that? I will be optimistic and say 20 minutes!

No surprises that Klopp has already said that there will be no let up from Liverpool. They can still set a new points record, finish with the largest winning margin and achieve a 100% home win record. Salah still has a good chance of the golden boot and even Mane could fancy his chances if he can get another hat trick against us.

They have no other distractions so I expect a pretty much full strength team and a hammering, which would effectively mean losing a point to Watford. I imagine we will start with a 9-0-1 formation and try to frustrate them. How long can we do that? I will be optimistic and say 20 minutes!
Be surprised if we last five minutes.

I live just outside Liverpuddle. It would be so good to see us win there.....and puncture the arrogance of this red lot. Well, I can dream can't I? I could put my Villa sticker back on the car... and see how long it lasts.

I’m clinging to the hope Klopp will go full strength tonight to prove a point against Man City, then decide to rest all his star players for Sunday.
They have a champions league tournament in August in baking hot Portugal, with the new season kicking off a couple of weeks after. He would be crazy to keep playing them twice a week just to get a points record.

That’ll be like throwing a ready made excuse for us lot in the face of an horrific drubbing. Give him a suicide match then drop him for someone who’s had a season of woeful efforts.

I actually think he's ok he gets a foot in and has a nasty streak in him, obviously, he's not going to be up to speed. Obviously the fact he was done for drink driving and couldn't crack a crap side like Burnley (now 8th) means he's not good enough for the mighty bottom 3 Villa but there you go. what do I know