Liverpool v Aston Villa Match Thread Sunday 5th July KO 16:30 | Page 26 | Vital Football

Liverpool v Aston Villa Match Thread Sunday 5th July KO 16:30

Grealish = Adam Lallana mk2 if he doesn’t step up and reach that next level

Lallana was a top drawer player in my opinion. Another who was shoved into a square peg for England when the best creative option we had as a country. His injuries in the past few seasons have curtailed his career.

If you think Wesley is good to fair enough, I think Davis is better or at least as good

I'd love someone to tell me the team Smith could have played yesterday that would have beat Liverpool?
It's not the team he could have picked, it's the way he picks it!

...or some b******s around those lines...

Klopp would have had Neill Taylor running in behind their defence and delivering pinpoint crosses for Trezeguet to blast in to the top left! Smith doesnt know what hes doing!

Seeing us turn to a novice with no record to speak of, who had never started a premier league match let alone score a goal in a 10 match relegation shoot out is one of the most stupid, amateur things I have seen in my time supporting us.

Name me another club doing this.
Brighton.

Brighton.

Nah.

Murray, Maupay and Trossard have more than a fair few career appearances, thus experience, to support Connolly .

We have thrown Davis up front on his own with no support.

Think we can all conclude that to suggest that Davis was the answer upon the restart was completely wrong whether his fault or the coaches. I don't care how good people think he will be in 5 years time as the one and only objective since June was to escape the drop. Yet I kept reading before the restart , Davis will be ok, give Davis a go...blah ..blah. Pure amateur, small time, fanciful thinking in these circumstances .

Having to listen to this on 5live whilst painting the new house so hard to judge based on Mark Lawrensons whining, really thought that miserable git had retired.
So pleased its not just me.
Listened to him recently on some old games and all he does is interject with sarcastic comments, nothing is ever positive in his approach. Cant see why they still employ him.

It's not the team he could have picked, it's the way he picks it!

...or some b******s around those lines...

Klopp would have had Neill Taylor running in behind their defence and delivering pinpoint crosses for Trezeguet to blast in to the top left! Smith doesnt know what hes doing!
Not even a gun sight on his boots could get Taylor delivering pinpoint crosses.

Nah.

Murray, Maupay and Trossard have more than a fair few career appearances, thus experience, to support Connolly .

Think we can all conclude that to suggest that Davis was the answer upon the restart was completely wrong whether his fault or the coaches. I don't care how good people think he will be in 5 years time as the one and only objective since June was to escape the drop. Yet I kept reading before the restart , Davis will be ok, give Davis a go...blah ..blah. Pure amateur, small time, fanciful thinking in these circumstances .
To be fair Samatta has looked useless since the restart and Baston even worse, in fact so bad he’s been told to leave the club. So apart from Davis, Samatta or Baston who are all these other strikers at the club who you think should be starting?

To be fair Samatta has looked useless since the restart and Baston even worse, in fact so bad he’s been told to leave the club. So apart from Davis, Samatta or Baston who are all these other strikers at the club who you think should be starting?

There isnt . I know .

Mentioned in another thread that I don't get the criticism of Samatta . He looked decent in the handful of games before lockdown and has been benched, started, benched since the return, hardly a chance.

Baston. I could cry.

And as I said in my post, the striking situation we are in is rank amateur and a shambles.

It's not Davis, Baston's or Samatta's fault that the selections, tactics are shocking.

I have no idea whether Davis or Samatta will be any good. Baston we know the answer .

But I can tell you that the place to try untested strikers and formations is not a 10 game survival shootout. Again not their fault .But if you go for an ounce of experience then its Samatta not Davis.

But how anyone could have posted that they thought Davis would work out in this situation is beyond me. Work based on what?. Appearances , goals ?, handful of cameo EFL games over 2 injury hit seasons. Not for me Jeff. The evidence speaks for itself. The premier league is not a development league .

Pure fanciful dreaming .

There isnt . I know .

Mentioned in another thread that I don't get the criticism of Samatta . He looked decent in the handful of games before lockdown and has been benched, started, benched since the return, hardly a chance.

Baston. I could cry.

And as I said in my post, the striking situation we are in is rank amateur and a shambles.

It's not Davis, Baston's or Samatta's fault that the selections, tactics are shocking.

I have no idea whether Davis or Samatta will be any good. Baston we know the answer .

But I can tell you that the place to try untested strikers and formations is not a 10 game survival shootout. Again not their fault .But if you go for an ounce of experience then its Samatta not Davis.

But how anyone could have posted that they thought Davis would work out in this situation is beyond me. Work based on what?. Appearances , goals ?, handful of cameo EFL games over 2 injury hit seasons. Not for me Jeff. The evidence speaks for itself. The premier league is not a development league .

Pure fanciful dreaming .
I agree Samatta looked good when we signed him and was unlucky to only have 1 PL goal to his name. However since the restart it’s clear something has been off, whether he’s decided he’s not up for the fight, has a summer move already lined up or has just failed to reach the fitness levels I don’t know but it’s clear Davis has played better than Samatta.

Our lack of goals is not just down to Davis, we create so few chances in the first place. You might get lucky in some games with 1 chance resulting in 1 goal, but over the course of a season (or this mini season) its fair to say most times more chances = more goals, and that’s a key area we lack because of weaknesses throughout the team.

Nah.

Fear not my friend, they have "had a meeting" so it will be fine.

Fear not my friend, they have "had a meeting" so it will be fine.

I just got hold of the meeting minutes:
Smith: Boys, you're not scoring
Davis: I'm worried about getting injured boss
Smith: You can't worry about that Keinan, we need goals.
Davis: But I always get injured boss.
Smith: Yes, but you were prolific at Biggleswade Town son.
Davis: Not really boss.
Smith: OK Keinan, have it your way.
Samatta: I don't understand why you dropped me boss. I scored a couple before the break, including against Man City at Wembley.
Smith: I know Aly, but Keinan is the future. So much potential and he holds it up well.
Samatta: I can score boss. Proven track record in Belgium and Europe. You do know I scored at Anfield last year?
Smith: Yeah, but this league is different Aly and we need someone to hold the ball up.
Samatta: I thought you wanted me scoring boss? I can't be in two places at once.
Smith: Yes, yes you can Aly. Hold it up, give it to Jack and then get on the end of it.
Samatta/Davis: Can we go now boss?
Smith: Yes, off you go. Watch a couple of videos of Neal Maupay when you get home......