Liverpool FC (The Reds) vs Tottenham Hotspur | Vital Football

Liverpool FC (The Reds) vs Tottenham Hotspur

D

Departed

If there is one game I want to win, it's this one. I have been out of the loop for about 10 days so I'll look to others for a preview.

Normally I would say save the bus fare and send them the points but I’m hoping that at last our collective bowl of jelly-legs will set into a ruthless football team and take apart the pretenders from Liverpool...it’s up to Poch to make the team grow a pair and get stuck in.

Need to pressure the likes of VanDyke rather than leave them so much room to play and be men enough to weather the thug attack that will come from the likes of Henderson, Milner and Alexander-Arnold.

The team have collectively let themselves, the club and the supporters down, throwing away the chance to increase a 10 point lead and they need to wake up and start playing at a higher level.

Normally I would say save the bus fare and send them the points but I’m hoping that at last our collective bowl of jelly-legs will set into a ruthless football team and take apart the pretenders from Liverpool...it’s up to Poch to make the team grow a pair and get stuck in.

Need to pressure the likes of VanDyke rather than leave them so much room to play and be men enough to weather the thug attack that will come from the likes of Henderson, Milner and Alexander-Arnold.

The team have collectively let themselves, the club and the supporters down, throwing away the chance to increase a 10 point lead and they need to wake up and start playing at a higher level.

Can't really add anything to that; win (extremely unlikely) or come away with a draw from there and we're still in the top 4, lose and it will look like we're having to climb mount everest.

This game is huge; we have to set up right, play right, have the right mentality and Poch has to manage the game right.

As I said, huge!

As I said, huge!
Should never have come to this. We've all been predicting a loss to Pool and Citeh in our run-in.

Levy's advertising revenues for next season's CL depends on these two fixtures now, whereas he could easily have recycled last season's bill boards!

Lets see if the bottlers have some grape fruits. Sick of them bottling it every season one way or another.

We have won twice at Anfield in the league in our entire history. That is one pathetic record.

Can't see anything beyond a convincing home win, our form has been horrendous for months and Poch seems clueless as to how to change it.

It's bloody typical that Salah got given international duty off as the manager wanted to try different things whereas our Harry plays the majority of both England's games.
Saying that Mane played on a shit African pitch and Allison, Fabinho and Firminho had to travel out to Brazil.

It's bloody typical that Salah got given international duty off as the manager wanted to try different things whereas our Harry plays the majority of both England's games.
Saying that Mane played on a shit African pitch and Allison, Fabinho and Firminho had to travel out to Brazil.

Interestingly enough i think our dip in form has come after we started playing less games... playing two games a week seemed to motivate our players to play out of their skins, but after the cup exits, we seem to have stalled. Too many rest days, perhaps?

Stupid mistake from someone after about 10 minutes and playing a high line they will cut through

4-0, maybe 4-1

I have a sneaky feeling that James Milner will get away with murder with Martin Atkinson. Milner will have at least 2 yellow cards not given before he picks one up in the 2nd half !!!

Can't really add anything to that; win (extremely unlikely) or come away with a draw from there and we're still in the top 4, lose and it will look like we're having to climb mount everest.

This game is huge; we have to set up right, play right, have the right mentality and Poch has to manage the game right.

As I said, huge!

Well with all these "rights" I can't see us achieving even 1 point. You're correct, HUGE game which will either give us the impetus to fight for and keep 3rd, or if we lose, our downward spiral will gain momentum and we'll do well to stay 4th.
C'mon Poch boy, show us what you're made of. Show us you're a big club coach. Don't be out thought by Klopp....again.

Sky Sports - "Mauricio Pochettino's men could be suffering from fatigue more than their hosts this weekend, with 16 players collectively racking up 61,883 air miles on international duty over the past fortnight. The Reds endured nearly 30,000 fewer miles than Spurs, with 13 players covering 33,977 miles - which still amounts to nearly one-and-a-half trips around Earth".

Well I was completely wrong about this. The Brazilians played their games in Europe so didn't have to travel far.
Sanchez apparently clocked up over 12000 with Sonny over 11000.
Aurier has picked up a hamstring and Dier a muscle injury.

Well with all these "rights" I can't see us achieving even 1 point. You're correct, HUGE game which will either give us the impetus to fight for and keep 3rd, or if we lose, our downward spiral will gain momentum and we'll do well to stay 4th.
C'mon Poch boy, show us what you're made of. Show us you're a big club coach. Don't be out thought by Klopp....again.

Klopp holds all the aces, we need the best of what we have turning up. While those less talented need to cut out the school boy errors. It is within us to do better.

Their game plan against us hasn't changed since Klopp took over. They close us down, not giving us time to move the ball at the back. We need to be quicker and more decisive in moving the ball from back to front and then we will have a chance.

Trying to defend against their attack will not yield any results.