Liverpool FC (The Reds) vs Tottenham Hotspur | Page 17 | Vital Football

Liverpool FC (The Reds) vs Tottenham Hotspur

Why does Poch refer to our players as HEROS after the game?
If a 15 spell of playing well at Anfield constitutes such a title then God help us.
Our HEROS have now completely lost the massive gap on Chavs and Utd and been overtaken by Arse.
Great work Poch!
It is easy to b hero nowadays i guess. Give the big teams a run for their money and u r hero. Well, by the way, Cardiff gave Chelski a mighty run for their money and by virtue of diff in league positions, r much much bigger heroes.
On the continued poor run, this is where Poch faces the scrutiny. I recalled reading some top managers saying that if ever they lost a game, the absolute priority in next game is to prevent another loss so that the rot, loss of belief etc do not set in. Well, we hv continued our wretched run until St Totter day is a clear and present danger.

I know plenty of folks are bashing Sissoko, but I simply cannot. The poor bastard has carried this rotting carcass of a team for large chunks of the season. He does do his best out there and leaves it all on the pitch...I can't say the same for a vast majority of the rest.

Yeah there is better than Sissoko and we should try to find better if we actually use the next transfer window...but in my opinion, this season, he has not disgraced our colors and without him this season...we may be on the outside looking in of even the Euro.

I am still waiting for the rest of the team to give a shit and step up.

If a 15 spell of playing well at Anfield constitutes such a title then God help us.
Our HEROS have now completely lost the massive gap on Chavs and Utd and been overtaken by Arse.
Great work Poch!

Lloris was a hero to the Liverpool supporters .

We had a right to be apoplectic after Southampton.

Not Liverpool.

Wrong we have the right now as the club is
Great work Poch!

The bloke is a frigging moron. His time is up.

I know plenty of folks are bashing Sissoko, but I simply cannot. The poor bastard has carried this rotting carcass of a team for large chunks of the season. He does do his best out there and leaves it all on the pitch...I can't say the same for a vast majority of the rest.

Yeah there is better than Sissoko and we should try to find better if we actually use the next transfer window...but in my opinion, this season, he has not disgraced our colors and without him this season...we may be on the outside looking in of even the Euro.

I am still waiting for the rest of the team to give a shit and step up.

I get where you are coming from. But if we are to move forward as a club he can not be one of the first names on the team sheet. He is not good enough.

This proves how far the team has declined over the last 3 years.

Just heard Harry Redknapp on Talksport he spoke to Levy and Levy said Poch doesn't have to win anything over the next few years.

I mean what the fuck is that about? The club is a joke.

I don't think anyone would want to take the manager's job if it stipulated x number of trophies in the remit. Personally I'd like to think trophies are a by-product of continuous improvement..... with a bit of luck thrown in.

I get where you are coming from. But if we are to move forward as a club he can not be one of the first names on the team sheet. He is not good enough.

Just heard Harry Redknapp on Talksport he spoke to Levy and Levy said Poch doesn't have to win anything over the next few years.

It's what I've always maintained RD, footballing success is not low down on ENIC's
' to do ' list, it's not even on it.

I think we are going over board a bit, whether we like it or not CL football is the most important thing to achieve over the next couple of seasons. With the new stadium and the increase in revenue that it will bring we will start to bring in better players, keep bringing in better players and trophies will follow.

It's what I've always maintained RD, footballing success is not low down on ENIC's
' to do ' list, it's not even on it.
It will make the list when our spanking new stadium is not even half filled when we play Europa (i.e. if we even get Europa) and we dont hv enuff money to pay the lease or to buy players and start flirting with relegation again.

RD, I agree. I am speaking of who we are right now, and he is one of the only guys we can rely on to give 100% effort each and every game right now. I honestly think a major part of the problem is the lack of competition for each position. Sissoko gets this and kills himself every time he is on the pitch because he knows he coul be yanked at any time. The others seem to have no fear of sucking.

The ONLY way we will get better is when EVERY position, and I mean EVERY position, even the untouchable Kane, is looking over their shoulder with the knowledge that some dude is ready to step up and take over the starting job.

I agree with your later point about MP not having to win anything for a few years and being safe...this goes back to a previous post of mine about wondering what our 'Mission' and 'Vision' as a club is. I honestly have no idea, but guess it says make as much money as possible and remain semi-competitive in the PL, but never really a threat to win anything.