Liverpool - date and Sky confirmed | Page 10 | Vital Football

Liverpool - date and Sky confirmed

Looking for some advice here. As far as I can see I need to register for Now TV on my phone, then buy a day pass for Sky Sports. I will then be able to see the game on my phone and with Chromecast I should be able to cast it to my TV. Is that correct?

Also I think programme subscriptions cover League matches only so need to buy the programme separately in advance.

I will then be able to see the game on my phone and with Chromecast I should be able to cast it to my TV. Is that correct?
Earlier in the season for the Crewe live match I managed to cast the iFollow feed from mobile phone to the TV using Chromecast. For the next round, the Bradford live match, the ability to Chromecast to the TV seemed to be blocked - I just got a green screen. So I don't know whether Sky/Now TV will likewise block the Chromecast feature or not.
Like Liam said in a post , where possible it is best to use a cable to TV as the casting is not really a reliable feature.

Although if you have a smart TV there might be a built in NowTV app? I know that’s not an option with iFollow.

Although if you have a smart TV there might be a built in NowTV app? I know that’s not an option with iFollow.
Our last LG smart TV with Freeview had a Now TV app. But after it broke, we got a Sony Bravia with Youview which doesn't have Now TV app, so I've had to buy a NowTV stick.

Earlier in the season for the Crewe live match I managed to cast the iFollow feed from mobile phone to the TV using Chromecast. For the next round, the Bradford live match, the ability to Chromecast to the TV seemed to be blocked - I just got a green screen. So I don't know whether Sky/Now TV will likewise block the Chromecast feature or not.
Like Liam said in a post , where possible it is best to use a cable to TV as the casting is not really a reliable feature.

I can cast my Ifollow on my chromebook to my TV via chromecast, that's via my browser though rather than the app

I can cast my Ifollow on my chromebook to my TV via chromecast, that's via my browser though rather than the app
Is that for a 'live' match as well though as opposed to later highlights? And did you happen to cast the Bradford match live as this was the one that wouldn't work for me?

Is that for a 'live' match as well though as opposed to later highlights? And did you happen to cast the Bradford match live as this was the one that wouldn't work for me?

It's for a live match, I never watched a full replay on my tv (when they worked off the website last season)

And yes I cast the Bradford match via my chrome browser (while eating my tea! Cheese and Beans on toast went everywhere! :) )

It's for a live match, I never watched a full replay on my tv (when they worked off the website last season)

And yes I cast the Bradford match via my chrome browser (while eating my tea! Cheese and Beans on toast went everywhere! :) )
Ok thanks, seems like it's an issue with the app most likely. I will try the browser route next time. It's all fun and games !

I tried to Chromecast the Bradford game from mobile to my TV but could only get the commentary.

If your TV doesn't have a current Now TV app you can download it onto a lap top and HDMI lead it onto the screen. I also assume you can download the Now TV app to iPad, mobile phone and Play Station as my lad can play it on all of those.

Once you open your account with Now TV you just buy a day sports pass (Sometimes there is a weeks free trial if you are a new customer; fingers crossed for you guys!) and as soon as you use your first device it automatically adds it to your account.

You can register up to 6 devices and use two of them simultaneously so there may be scope for people there not that I'm suggesting anything.

EDIT - As has been mentioned there is also the Roku/NOW TV stick which I managed to sweet talk them into sending me one for free after my Smart TV App stopped working. Might be a possibility if you are an existing Now TV customer even with a dormant account like mine was. It took about 2 days for delivery so you would need to do it now.

If your TV doesn't have a current Now TV app you can download it onto a lap top and HDMI lead it onto the screen. I also assume you can download the Now TV app to iPad, mobile phone and Play Station as my lad can play it on all of those.

Once you open your account with Now TV you just buy a day sports pass (Sometimes there is a weeks free trial if you are a new customer; fingers crossed for you guys!) and as soon as you use your first device it automatically adds it to your account.
Might seem a daft question, but can you only buy a day pass on the day of the match? I got all the way through to 'checkout' and it hadn't mentioned a date once. (Didn't want to buy it today and it activates immediately)

Might seem a daft question, but can you only buy a day pass on the day of the match? I got all the way through to 'checkout' and it hadn't mentioned a date once. (Didn't want to buy it today and it activates immediately)

You buy a 24 hour pass with nowtv, unlike ifollow where your pass is for a specific game. So I wouldnt buy it before 9 45 pm on Wednesday night if you want to watch the entire game!

It's fine to buy the pass ahead of time, it's added you your account and you activate it just by starting to stream on of the channels.

Just don't activate it upon purchase. It runs for 24 hours from the point you click on any Sky Sports Channel to view. Very simply, buy it today. Activate it at say 7pm on Thursday by putting the channel on and it runs until 7pm on Friday

I wonder if Sky will have the neutral panel that they usually reel out for a Liverpool game, Carragher, Souness and Jamie Redknapp.
They had Gary Neville commentating on Everton v Salford last week, giving lots of heartwarming stories about what a fine club it is. Quite why they were showing that game live in the first place was not addressed.