Liverpool 3 City 0 - Stats Link & Post Match Reaction & Debate Thread | Page 2 | Vital Football

Liverpool 3 City 0 - Stats Link & Post Match Reaction & Debate Thread

It's done, our goose is cooked and it's nothing less than we deserve for that pathetically limp first half display, from Pep right down that was an absolute shambles.

I thought I'd have calmed down by this morning but I'm worse, I'm livid.:mad:

We never saw that coming.
Inexplicable and inexcusable.
The CL for us is toast. We must go full strength and smash the rags on Saturday.

Why did he change things around so much I ask myself. If it was to fool clip clop it didn’t work too well.
We move on and we are just as liable to beat them well when they come visit.

I was going to enter into this debate until I saw the term "Dipper" being used to describe Liverpool supporters.
So I've decided it's not worth it.:wagging:

I was going to enter into this debate until I saw the term "Dipper" being used to describe Liverpool supporters.
So I've decided it's not worth it.:wagging:

Stick around Barbles, it's banter. We can give it and we can take it. You won't find any multi-board forums that don't do it.

Thanks for your replies, sorry I do take offence at the term and don't class it as banter and I wont contribute to those threads.
I am aware that just one poster used the term, that makes it better.
I will stick around of course, but will choose my threads:thumbup:

The Liverpool fans did their job in the streets around Anfield and their players did the business where it matters, on the pitch. No shots on target, no Sterling and with Gundogan and Laporte played out of position.

Still it's not over until tubby starts clearing their throat. Aguero to start and an early goal and the treble is back on.

It is doable, but a clean sheet is a must.
If you're asking me now, I think our chances stand at 20%. I can see us winning on the night, but not by enough. We'll see though.

I don't see us winning 4-0 or 6-1 at our place.

Our performance was terrible in the first half, due mostly - in my opinion - to playing Gundogan instead of Bernardo. And Laporte at left back didn't help.

However, had the linesman done his job, the score would have been 2-1, which any of us would probably have taken.

I don't see us winning 4-0 or 6-1 at our place.

Our performance was terrible in the first half, due mostly - in my opinion - to playing Gundogan instead of Bernardo. And Laporte at left back didn't help.

However, had the linesman done his job, the score would have been 2-1, which any of us would probably have taken.

The score could well have been 2-2 if that linesman did his job as Sterling was fouled by Robertson in the box too but in saying that we ultimately got what we deserved for the lack of fight we displayed in that first half.

Sky are reporting that UEFA have charged Liverpool following the bus attack.
The following is a direct quote.

"UEFA's disciplinary body will not hear the case until 31 May - after the Champions League final - meaning any sanctions would only apply next season".

FARCE.

Thanks for your replies, sorry I do take offence at the term and don't class it as banter and I wont contribute to those threads.
I am aware that just one poster used the term, that makes it better.
I will stick around of course, but will choose my threads:thumbup:

I'm not trying to start a fight here, but you do realise this is a City forum? Please don't try to single me out, and complain about how offended you are by a term that has been used here many times, and definitely describes more than a few of your fanbase yesterday.

Sky are reporting that UEFA have charged Liverpool following the bus attack.
The following is a direct quote.

"UEFA's disciplinary body will not hear the case until 31 May - after the Champions League final - meaning any sanctions would only apply next season".

FARCE.

That really is a joke.

The club AND the police are totally complicit in what happened and they both made it crystal clear where the bus would be en route to the stadium. I reiterate that the change of route which included that right hand turn were poor planning and made the bus an absolute sitting target for the low-life pond scum who were masquerading as football supporters.

The police appear to have taken ZERO action against fans who cxan be seen in footage from within the coach to be holding lit flares. THAT is illegal and yet Merseyside police chose to ignore this. Weak, pathetic, shameful.

Check out the quotes within this article where the Police re-tweet @LFC's descrition of the route

https://www.thisisanfield.com/2018/...or-team-buses-ahead-of-liverpool-vs-man-city/

Klopp can stick his apology right back where the sun doesn't shine

Here is what he said before the game - “if we can make an advantage with the atmosphere, then try it.”

I would argue that that last part is ambiguous and he knew EXACTLy what he was saying and therefore encouraging.

It absolutely suited the desire of the club to facilitate what we witnessed last night - it fed beautifully into the romantic idea of creating the 'atmosphere' and one which the muppets in the media amd especially the BT Sport studio lapped up. Until they saw the criminal damage done and the potential for injury .....then they bottled it and backtracked. Cowardly words Steven Gerrard, you were FULLY on board with that little display before as it suited you down to the ground.

THAT is NOT in my opinion, anything to do with football whatsoever, it is pure and unadulterated intimidation and harassment. I do NOT see how just because these people are on their way to a football stadium that the behaviour can in any way condoned.

I'm not trying to start a fight here, but you do realise this is a City forum? Please don't try to single me out, and complain about how offended you are by a term that has been used here many times, and definitely describes more than a few of your fanbase yesterday.

Nor me either,
yes I do,
I didn't single you out, someone else did.
Being used before many times doesn't make it right the word "Nig*er" used to be used commonly that doesn't make it right either.
Hooligans are what we saw yesterday not Bin Dippers.
As mentioned earlier I wont comment on threads that use that term, but as this is a City board you are free to do so.
Peace:thumbup:

That really is a joke.

The club AND the police are totally complicit in what happened and they both made it crystal clear where the bus would be en route to the stadium. I reiterate that the change of route which included that right hand turn were poor planning and made the bus an absolute sitting target for the low-life pond scum who were masquerading as football supporters.

The police appear to have taken ZERO action against fans who cxan be seen in footage from within the coach to be holding lit flares. THAT is illegal and yet Merseyside police chose to ignore this. Weak, pathetic, shameful.

Check out the quotes within this article where the Police re-tweet @LFC's descrition of the route

https://www.thisisanfield.com/2018/...or-team-buses-ahead-of-liverpool-vs-man-city/

Here is what he said before the game - “if we can make an advantage with the atmosphere, then try it.”

I would argue that that last part is ambiguous and he knew EXACTLy what he was saying and therefore encouraging.

It absolutely suited the desire of the club to facilitate what we witnessed last night - it fed beautifully into the romantic idea of creating the 'atmosphere' and one which the muppets in the media amd especially the BT Sport studio lapped up. Until they saw the criminal damage done and the potential for injury .....then they bottled it and backtracked. Cowardly words Steven Gerrard, you were FULLY on board with that little display before as it suited you down to the ground.

THAT is NOT in my opinion, anything to do with football whatsoever, it is pure and unadulterated intimidation and harassment. I do NOT see how just because these people are on their way to a football stadium that the behaviour can in any way condoned.

I agree Skoob

That really is a joke.

Excellent satire Skoorb - you sound like an outraged D**** M*** reader!

I'm assuming you're doing a Mourinho and drawing attention away from the teams failure to have a shot on target by laying the blame elsewhere?

Unfortunately it could be suggested that on the night the Liverpool fans were better organised and motivated than our football team...

Still only half time, all to play for.

Not being satirical at all and not trying to take attention from our poor showing yesterday - no excuses in that regard whatsoever. Just not a fan of public disorder and especially the police not doing their job. It could have been managed a whole lot better but IMO it was a set up.

BTW my comments about Gerrard apply equally to other pundits who all saw it as part of the fun initially, I wasn’t intending to single him out.

If they behaved in that way in ‘welcoming’ coaches containing supporters including children etc I don’t think anyone would have seen it as excusable. Everyone knew what was going to happen and it was facilitated with the club and the police providing clear details of the route. Some of the ‘fans’ were in position three hours before the event - plentyof time for them to be searched for flares etc. They clearly weren’t and were allowed to hold lit flares in full view of police officers standing feet away. Negligence onpf the highest order......unless you are quite happy to let offenders do whatever they want.

I am commenting upon the issue for which Liverpool have been charged by UEFA. The result speaks for itself.