Liverpool 3 City 0 - Stats Link & Post Match Reaction & Debate Thread | Page 3 | Vital Football

Liverpool 3 City 0 - Stats Link & Post Match Reaction & Debate Thread

Nor me either,
yes I do,
I didn't single you out, someone else did.
Being used before many times doesn't make it right the word "Nig*er" used to be used commonly that doesn't make it right either.
Hooligans are what we saw yesterday not Bin Dippers.
As mentioned earlier I wont comment on threads that use that term, but as this is a City board you are free to do so.
Peace:thumbup:

Yes you where the one to point it out. If you want to stand on your soapbox, at least be consistent and don't continue to reply to a thread you claim you won't reply to. Sorry, but your analogy to the n word is not valid in this discussion.

That really is a joke.

The club AND the police are totally complicit in what happened and they both made it crystal clear where the bus would be en route to the stadium. I reiterate that the change of route which included that right hand turn were poor planning and made the bus an absolute sitting target for the low-life pond scum who were masquerading as football supporters.

The police appear to have taken ZERO action against fans who cxan be seen in footage from within the coach to be holding lit flares. THAT is illegal and yet Merseyside police chose to ignore this. Weak, pathetic, shameful.

Check out the quotes within this article where the Police re-tweet @LFC's descrition of the route

https://www.thisisanfield.com/2018/...or-team-buses-ahead-of-liverpool-vs-man-city/

Klopp can stick his apology right back where the sun doesn't shine

Here is what he said before the game - “if we can make an advantage with the atmosphere, then try it.”

I would argue that that last part is ambiguous and he knew EXACTLy what he was saying and therefore encouraging.

It absolutely suited the desire of the club to facilitate what we witnessed last night - it fed beautifully into the romantic idea of creating the 'atmosphere' and one which the muppets in the media amd especially the BT Sport studio lapped up. Until they saw the criminal damage done and the potential for injury .....then they bottled it and backtracked. Cowardly words Steven Gerrard, you were FULLY on board with that little display before as it suited you down to the ground.

THAT is NOT in my opinion, anything to do with football whatsoever, it is pure and unadulterated intimidation and harassment. I do NOT see how just because these people are on their way to a football stadium that the behaviour can in any way condoned.

Imagine having so little confidence in your own team's abilities that you have to resort to neanderthal thuggery in the streets outside the ground in order to put the opposition off.

And imagine being proud of doing that.

No offence, but any warm feelings I may have had for Liverpool (mainly on the grounds they hate united almost as much as us) have well and truly evaporated.

Hope City absolutely take them to the cleaners at the Etihad next week when our players will still have some adrenaline left to take onto the pitch. We can beat them at home, particularly if they don't have Salah.

Imagine having so little confidence in your own team's abilities that you have to resort to neanderthal thuggery in the streets outside the ground in order to put the opposition off.

No offence, but any warm feelings I may have had for Liverpool (mainly on the grounds they hate united almost as much as us) have well and truly evaporated.

Hope City absolutely take them to the cleaners at the Etihad next week when our players will still have some adrenaline left to take onto the pitch. We can beat them at home, particularly if they don't have Salah.
FCB, great to see ya here again, mate. :thumbup:

The Prodgal Son is back! Great to see! Please stick around as you have been sorely missed.
:cheers:

I wonder how the police would have reacted if this had been a political protest against the establishment.

How many arrests do you think there would have been?

Both the police and Liverpool football club should be held accountable for this, but I won't hold my breath.

Not being satirical at all and not trying to take attention from our poor showing yesterday - no excuses in that regard whatsoever. Just not a fan of public disorder and especially the police not doing their job. It could have been managed a whole lot better but IMO it was a set up.

BTW my comments about Gerrard apply equally to other pundits who all saw it as part of the fun initially, I wasn’t intending to single him out.

If they behaved in that way in ‘welcoming’ coaches containing supporters including children etc I don’t think anyone would have seen it as excusable. Everyone knew what was going to happen and it was facilitated with the club and the police providing clear details of the route. Some of the ‘fans’ were in position three hours before the event - plentyof time for them to be searched for flares etc. They clearly weren’t and were allowed to hold lit flares in full view of police officers standing feet away. Negligence onpf the highest order......unless you are quite happy to let offenders do whatever they want.

I am commenting upon the issue for which Liverpool have been charged by UEFA. The result speaks for itself.

We should have sent the coach there at half four in the afternoon and then let word get round. Then have half a dozen plain red coaches turn up with the players in one of them, that ought to confuse the Liverpool fans! Maybe next time...

But it is only half time and the tie is still up for grabs - assuming the players turn up this time then we can (pun unintended) do it.

Just wondering......what constitutes a thrashing?

I heard our defeat described as such on Sky this morning.

My threshold in terms of pure goals has always been 4-0. Seriously, it has/is. Much depends on the nature of the game and you can have a massively one sided game which ends up 1-0 but no one would describe it as a thrashing.

We were well beaten on Weds but we weren’t thrashed.

The second half, was a controlled situation by Liverpool and cleverly done by Klopp, who knew a 3-0 lead was probably good enough to win the tie and he also knew that conceding an away goal by City would give us the advantage, so he contained the situation and may have only come out had we scored

Just wondering......what constitutes a thrashing?

I heard our defeat described as such on Sky this morning.

My threshold in terms of pure goals has always been 4-0. Seriously, it has/is. Much depends on the nature of the game and you can have a massively one sided game which ends up 1-0 but no one would describe it as a thrashing.

We were well beaten on Weds but we weren’t thrashed.

in those terms of scoring 3 or more we have handed out about 27 thrashings this season

What happened was plain to see and is well documented. Any after the fact excuse making should be dismissed straight away. THE POLICE are the most culpable in all of this.

Klopp also praised City medical staff after the City bus pulled over after the game to help a hit-and-run victim at the scene of the earlier incident.
The City medics ordered the coach to stop, and Pep and his team watched on as they administered first aid before an ambulance arrived.
“Then the medical staff did what they did after the game," he added. "It was an outstanding gesture from City. It was an outstanding thing to do. It leaves us in an even worse situation.
"The atmosphere during the game was one of the best I’ve experienced but these things that happened around it are not okay.”
https://www.manchestereveningnews.c...all-news/man-city-news-klopp-ashamed-14503129