Lincoln City Women | Page 4 | Vital Football

Lincoln City Women

The season kicks off on Sunday with an away match at Sporting Khalsa (Willenhall). I'm seriously thinking about popping down, so if anyone else is likely to go, we should make ourselves known to each other

Our girls won 2-1 in first match of the season. They went 1-0 down early on but went on to dominate play , although their opponents went very close on occasions and may have felt they deserved something from the game. In my view (unbiased of course!!) our girls deserved the win - they certainly had more control of the game, especially in the second half

Our girls won 2-1 in first match of the season. They went 1-0 down early on but went on to dominate play , although their opponents went very close on occasions and may have felt they deserved something from the game. In my view (unbiased of course!!) our girls deserved the win - they certainly had more control of the game, especially in the second half

Well done them!
Hope they get a bit more coverage in our match programmes. Bit disappointed in their single page in yesterday's one.

Won 2-1 at home today against Solihull Moors

I missed that there was an away game midweek against Doncaster Belles, which the Imps won 2-5.

Donny Belles have certainly slipped down the rankings. As an aside, I remember a number of years ago ( well over 20), that they were one of the top Ladies teams in the country. There was a girl in one of our group factories who played for them. We had an inter-factory football competition one year, and she played for the men's team - needed agreement from each factory - not so much an issue with the fact that a woman was playing in a men's competition, but no one would want to be involved in /accused of causing her an injury, which could restrain normal tackling etc

So what level are our women at now?
And what levels come next?

Our girls compete in the 4th tier of the FA Women’s national structure

Tier 1 is the Women’s Super League, which incl teams such as Man C, Man U, Arsenal and Chelsea

Tier 2 is the Women’s Championship, which incl teams like Sunderland and Liverpool (an interesting team at that level is Lewes)

The league tables etc for these divisions are found on the BBC Sport website

Tiers 3 and 4 form the Women’s National League, and I’ve included a link below which may be of interest (it will open on the section appropriate to Lincoln, but includes the whole National League structure). Leagues are regionalised at this stage

Tier 3 has two divisions, the Northern Premier Division, which incl teams such as Forest, Derby, Stoke; and the Southern Premier Division, which incl teams like Southampton, Oxford and Ipswich

Tier 4 is regionalised into 4 divisions, Division 1 North, Div 1 Midlands, Div 1 SE and Div 1 SW. Lincoln City are in the Midlands Division

As far as I’m aware, promotion and relegation takes place between each level, with the winners of each of the Tier 4 Divisions being promoted (so presumably 2 relegated from each Tier 3 division?)

I’m not sure what happens with the leagues below the National League in terms of promotion/relegation, and these appear to be run locally/regionally eg Lincoln United Women play in the East Mids Womens Regional Football League

https://fulltime.thefa.com/fixtures...Club=&selectedTeam=&selectedFixtureDateStatus

In cup action tomorrow. Appears to be the "Determining Round" of the (National) League Cup. Away against Derby County who play in the level above. Being played at Mickleover Sports ground. This is a venue I'd have gone but for a prior arrangement I can't get out of. Tickets must be bought in advance, so I don't know what support Derby normally get?

Lost 7-0 so apparently will be in the League Shield now rather than Cup. Manager does not appear overly put out, more concerned with League