Lincoln City Women | Page 3 | Vital Football

Lincoln City Women

No disrespect to the womens team, but 10-0 is ridiculous and should be reserved for u9s football and 2 overs of cricket.

It's still a developing game, so scorelines like that will happen.

Meanwhile, Liverpool thrash Crystal Palace 7-0.

Looks like there's a "start to get back to normal" competition in which the women's teams are competing - the Pygott and Crone Cup. Not quite sure how it's working but the first team and development teams are playing each other on the same day, one home, one away. Lincoln are up against Wolves, Loughborough and Stoke - don't know if it's just them or if there are other mini leagues. Today, the development team lost 2-1 away at Wolves; the first team didn't play because Wolves are in the FA Cup today, but beat Norwich in a friendly

To put this league into context, Lincoln and Wolves (top of the league) play at the same level, with Loughborough and Stoke at the level above, so a tough one for our teams

Don't know if supporters will be admitted, but I could easily get to the Stoke fixture, whichever team is playing.

The Ladies are playing reverse fixtures today against Loughborough Foxes in the Pygott and Crone Cup. Fist team away, Development team at home

Is it still PC to call the women, ladies?

Well picked up. Not sure whether or not it's PC, but it is certainly factually incorrect! The team is Lincoln City Women

Having seen them play, I would probably refer (informally) to them as girls - me being an old geezer, - but have to say I'd rather shout, "well played girls", than "well played women". - just as when watching the men I would refer to them as "lads". But agree, the name of the team is not up for debate

First team won 3-5, Development team 2-2

I reckon they are good results. As indicated in a previous post, Loughborough play in a league higher than us. Don't know how the pandemic has affected all of this, but.........

Reverse fixtures against Stoke this last weekend in the Pygott and Crone Cup. First team drew 2-2 away, Development team lost 0-2 at home. Stoke, like Loughborough, play in the league above us,. Not sure where this competition goes now (if anywhere)?

The FA have released the coming season's Women's National League fixtures, including Division 1 Midlands in which Lincoln City play, with the first match on 15th August away, and first home match on 22nd. A couple of observations:

Wolves, who were topping that division last season have been promoted, so if our girls' form continues, there must be a real chance of challenging for top spot

Lincoln's fixtures are shown as being played at Moorland Sports ground on Newark Road, so a move from Yarborough

The FA have released the coming season's Women's National League fixtures, including Division 1 Midlands in which Lincoln City play, with the first match on 15th August away, and first home match on 22nd. A couple of observations:

Wolves, who were topping that division last season have been promoted, so if our girls' form continues, there must be a real chance of challenging for top spot

Lincoln's fixtures are shown as being played at Moorland Sports ground on Newark Road, so a move from Yarborough

Previous Lincoln women's team played at Moorlands for a while.
Hope they have a decent season.