Life After Harry! | Page 7 | Vital Football

Life After Harry!

We won't necessarily have a 2nd tier striker, but we probably will end up with one (or two) that won't contribute many assists. Priority 1 is to focus on putting the ball in the net.

Then we need to figure out how we break teams down through our attacking midfielders. That part is about how you get Dele, Tanguy and Gio working in the same eleven.

Dele is not good enough. Neither are the others. They all hang on to the ball to long. We need vast improvements , when you look at mount, foden,Maddison, De Bruyne and Fernandez we are not up to par. That is the standard we have to achieve to get back into Europe. We need improvement everywhere. Don't let the fact that Dele has done one or two flashy flicks change the fact that he has been crap for 2 seasons now . We are in need of a full clear out

Dele is not good enough. Neither are the others. They all hang on to the ball to long. We need vast improvements , when you look at mount, foden,Maddison, De Bruyne and Fernandez we are not up to par. That is the standard we have to achieve to get back into Europe. We need improvement everywhere. Don't let the fact that Dele has done one or two flashy flicks change the fact that he has been crap for 2 seasons now . We are in need of a full clear out

Well I wouldn't hold your breath as we are not getting anywhere near that level of player without improving our scouting set up.

Many players now engage/set up relatives to manage their personal affairs (often paid for via the fees they extract from the clubs on an annual/semi annual basis) some like to believe it stops them worrying about dealing with 'local' financial affairs and life's conundrums.

Most, including Harry, will use bigger agencies for moves/salary and extension negotiations with a club.

It's the norm these days Nick and most professional agents hate dealing with them.

So a parasite then, I can't imagine he is the best qualified person to do the job, that would be very lucky.

I'm not ready to quit on Dele. 2 seasons of soft tissue injuries followed by not being given a chance this season. A good rest this summer, get the body strong again and I think he'll be a very useful player in our squad.

I have no question marks on Foden, De Bruyne and Fernandes but need players like Grealish and Maddison to also show they are robust enough. As an England fan, their injury records is a concern.

As for Mount, I just want him kept away from the number 10 position in an England shirt. I'd have him back in with Rice in a box to box role. Let the better football brains and skills play ahead of him. Even he admits he's a box to box player. He definitely makes up in effort what he lacks in guile though.

As for Spurs, we really now need to be hunting for the next gen of these types of players. Everyone scoffed at £25m for Bellingham. The biggest hint of what our transfer strategy needs to be and they don't need a Sissoko, Moura or Lamela blocking their paths either.

Brilliant, just brilliant 😂😂

Son is a Mere Cat not a Zebra .....first sign/sound of trouble and he scampers for cover! He runs about a lot, can t tackle cant head does not want to try to beat anyone and if Kane goes won't pass to anyone else, will score 8 or 9 goals which will be special but thats all he contributes. Sell him

Dare I say I feel genuinely excited about the prospect of losing Kane.
He's been very loyal, honest and can leave as a club hero despite not winning anything with us but that falls on the owners, not him.

As much as I love the guy and his goals in the past, I genuinely think we have seen his best days. He starts every game even if he's only 60% fit. He so often drifts around offering very little only to hit a purple patch every now and then.

The idea of a new manager, getting rid of some heartless, deadwood and reinvesting some, if not most of the funds into the right players to help build for the next chapter is an exciting one.
The hard part is convincing Daniel to give the footballing decisions to someone else.

As a whole I'm looking forward to taking a step back as a club and then hopefully taking a few steps forward!

I hope if Harry goes we can get someone like Andre Silva. I have watched him for a while and never mentioned him as he is first choice but if we sell Harry then we are looking for first choice and he fits that

I'm not ready to quit on Dele. 2 seasons of soft tissue injuries followed by not being given a chance this season. A good rest this summer, get the body strong again and I think he'll be a very useful player in our squad.

I have no question marks on Foden, De Bruyne and Fernandes but need players like Grealish and Maddison to also show they are robust enough. As an England fan, their injury records is a concern.

As for Mount, I just want him kept away from the number 10 position in an England shirt. I'd have him back in with Rice in a box to box role. Let the better football brains and skills play ahead of him. Even he admits he's a box to box player. He definitely makes up in effort what he lacks in guile though.

As for Spurs, we really now need to be hunting for the next gen of these types of players. Everyone scoffed at £25m for Bellingham. The biggest hint of what our transfer strategy needs to be and they don't need a Sissoko, Moura or Lamela blocking their paths either.

I would class Dele as being a big problem. When he first came to us he played with class and worked hard for the team. As time went on he forgot that and done so many flashy flicks and tricks that he looked as though he was playing for himself. Poch, Jose and Gareth noticed it. He was given a pass because he was young . If one manager leaves you out he might have something against you but 3 then there is a problem. We shall see when a new manager comes in but unless Dele changes his ways he will not be getting in our teaet alone England

Son is a Mere Cat not a Zebra .....first sign/sound of trouble and he scampers for cover! He runs about a lot, can t tackle cant head does not want to try to beat anyone and if Kane goes won't pass to anyone else, will score 8 or 9 goals which will be special but thats all he contributes. Sell him
Insult to Mere Cats there Greavsie, they are family/community critturs who are hard fighting and very defensive, Son is more an Ostrich, can run fast but any sign of grief "sticks his head in the ground" until its gone away.

I would class Dele as being a big problem. When he first came to us he played with class and worked hard for the team. As time went on he forgot that and done so many flashy flicks and tricks that he looked as though he was playing for himself. Poch, Jose and Gareth noticed it. He was given a pass because he was young . If one manager leaves you out he might have something against you but 3 then there is a problem. We shall see when a new manager comes in but unless Dele changes his ways he will not be getting in our teaet alone England

What tricks and flicks? How many have we seen in the last month? I'm wondering whether we're seeing an evolution in Dele. One of my reasons why I'm curious to give it one more season and find out what happens next.

So Poch I get. He knew about Dele's injuries and was managing him carefully. It might have appeared like he wasn't being selected, but burnout and soft tissue injuries was on Poch. He had no choice.

For me, Southgate doesn't count. The guy is mostly clueless. I remember being in Moscow and seeing Maguire constantly pulling Young in alongside him in a WC semi-final so he could be free. We would have Walker as a makeshift 3rd centre half making sure Trips got forward at every opportunity and Maguire cheating. What I saw in the stadium was an immense performance by Dele. Spent the entire game doing 2 mens jobs and completely sacrificed his own game. Never mentioned in the press narrative after Modric et al took us apart.

As for the toxic one, I don't think Dele's non-selection had anything to do with football. Dele has proved in a few game what he could have contributed with better management from Jose. To me, that's the Dele I'm looking for but without the ineptitude of a manager helping him fail like Southgate and Jose.

Always great chatting.....I guess we'll find out on Dele if he stays.

It’s funny how I don’t care if he goes to city but no way do I want him to go to manure . !
Hope he does go to City. Pep won't be allowed a Harry Kane Team!, their players win team trophies just sitting on bench week in week out!, Harry won't be a guaranteed starter. It will also piss Serling off seeing he's got to do all the grafting for Harry, just like in the England set up!

I won't care as long as we extract plenty ££££'s.

Last edited:
He wants out & he's made his intentions crystal clear.

In all honesty would anybody really expect him to stay after the shitshow we've been served up for the last 12-18 months.

He wants out & he's made his intentions crystal clear.

In all honesty would anybody really expect him to stay after the shitshow we've been served up for the last 12-18 months.
It's how he is going about though. I'm losing a bit of respect for him. All he had to do was wait until the end of the season and go and see Levy. If Levy is unreasonable then so be it, take matters into your own hand. But I find this shitshow really grating.