Life After Harry! | Vital Football

Life After Harry!

RAMBR0-1

Vital Reserves Team
So, I'm not too surprised that Harry's asked to leave...again! How do you guys think this will turn out? It looks like the two Manchester clubs and Chelsea are in the driver's seat at the moment (if the press are to be believed), but I can't believe, and neither would I forgive, Levy letting him move within the Premier League. BUT (and it's a big but) no foreign teams are mentioned since the announcement.

I was thinking that maybe him and Bale might have had a natter about him going to Madrid...but haven't heard anything along those lines.

Anyway here are my questions:

1) What's Harry worth?
2) How much will Harry go for?
3) What are our needs (including a replacement) and will we make enough from the sale to plug some of the holes?

Who else is going to go this summer?
Aurier, Sanchez, Dier, Ndo

Who stays? Hojberg

Who comes through the academy?

Are we (expletive deleted)

In an article in The Times today it says Kane has a gentleman's agreement to leave this summer if he so wishes. I find this credible. But Kane can't expect the club to let him go below his market value. You would hope that part of that understanding between the two is that the club will not let him go unless his market value is met. This is where I can see it getting messy. Clubs, knowing he wants to leave, will put in lowball offers.

I'm disappointed at the timing of the Kane news, but there will be a reason for it.

I'd hoped he wouldn't say or do anything to confirm his intentions until the season was other, that said, I've been told his teammates have also been made aware for some time. If not by what's been said, then by what he hasn't been saying.

He remained this season as Levy and Jose convinced him that this season would be a 'special one.

Of course, it's been anything but, Kane improved his tallies, the team has gone into sharp decline under Jose.

It does explain of course why our scouting set up and every agent I know has been working on bringing potential targets to our table. Everyone wants a dip in the honey, money pot now.

I suspect replacing him is an almost impossible job, but we can compensate for his loss of goals in other ways,...

Covid has, of course, put the club in a huge financial hole, I for one will now have nothing to do with trying to beat the club/Levy up, if any now is the time to try and rally and support it. Our backs are against the wall, it now no longer matters who you want to point the finger at for this state of affairs.

I hope Levy and his search for a DoF along with the manager I know we can attract will conclude quickly at the end of the season.

We're in for a hell of a ride this summer - get ready!

There are so many issues here! Primarily new manager and whether Kane allows him some time. Secondly if he goes who else will be encouraged to leave too? Ex thinks Son and Dele as being amongst those likely to leave. He would know better than many of us. It is not a mouth watering picture with other reliables ageing and several not up to the task who need to be moved on. A summer of change is truly looming.
However. How many have suggested on here that Kane should not be playing when recovering from ankle problems. True. The team has suffered because of the bowing down to his star status. How many on here have said that he doesn’t seem to turn up for the biggest games. So whilst any team would miss such a player would we be batter off spreading the weight of expectation across a new set up that could grow into a team together. No quick fixes. My long held view has been that there is greater strength in the team collectively rather than reliance on the star system.
We have all loved to watch our greats. It will be sad to see them go and wonder what might have been. Maybe we saw the best of this team under Poch. Maybe it is time to say thank you Harry (and Son and Dele) we wish you all well and your legacy from the fees that we receive will be a well structured team that will grow into the winners that we all thought would be your preserve.
Don't want to see them go, but the club is bigger than the individual, even these days, and maybe it will be for the best for our beloved club.

They need to get someone in now Ex and start negotiating the outgoings to conclude as near to the end of the season as possible. We need funds in to replace those leaving ASAP. None of the usual squeeze every last penny out until the end of the window.

They need to get someone in now Ex and start negotiating the outgoings to conclude as near to the end of the season as possible. We need funds in to replace those leaving ASAP. None of the usual squeeze every last penny out until the end of the window.

The intention to let him go - just haggling over the price may be enough for us to free up some money to conclude our key targets.

I am certain that Levy won't be cornered if he thinks any one of the five clubs his camp have been talking to try to low-ball us.

All I can say here was that the summer of 2017 was a complete mess and that didn't even have a Euro's or World Cup. All we had to do was sell Kyle Walker for top dollar and bring in players worthy of playing in a side that had just finished 2nd with 86 points. Walker left late July and it was almost 4 weeks before Sanchez was announced leaving us once again scrapping around in the deadline day mess. Once again, we were told "there was money, but we couldn't get deals over the line".

So whilst I'm confused why Harry didn't make this announcement either several weeks ago or the Monday after final game, I'm glad its out there. Levy has already and one manager give him feedback on how difficult it is starting pre-season with your major transfer business not concluded. Is he going to stitch up his new guy by doing the same? This time there is a Euros.

Over to you Danny Boy. Show us you've grown up.

Firstly, we shouldn't even try to replace him. Dele has schooled Kane in recent weeks on how to play the number 10 role. We need to go out and find an out and out striker who regularly hits the back of the net. An alternative is just accept Son's defensive frailties and put him up top.

As for player trades, the following:

City - Laporte
Utd - Greenwood
Chelsea - James or Havertz
RM - Varane
Barca - de Jong

Kane wants his move sorted before the Euros. Levy wants the best price he can get for him. The clubs we will be approaching to replace Kane will think we're flush with money and look to hike their prices.

If I was Levy I would set a deadline for Kane's sale and a minimum transfer fee - a reserve if you like. Then I'd invite all interested clubs to compete. Provided the minimum transfer fee has been met, let Kane decide which club he wants to go to.

If the minimum transfer fee hasn't been met there is no sale this summer.

It's probably too simplistic a mechanism for how things operate in the real world but we don't want another Bale saga.

Last edited:
We have two Kane threads running at present and related comments in other threads. To those that can, could we combine them into one?

Strangely I find the reality of Kane leaving quite exciting. We've known this day is coming for some time and the constant speculation is wearisome. And as much as he has reinvented himself, I don't think he is the player he was two or three years ago. So let's just rip the plaster off and start afresh. At least he will bring a lot of funds for the new manager/DoF to reinvest in. It's time to go again.

I could learn to live with Kane playing for City. It would be less palatable watching him play for United. But I would never forgive him if he went to Chelsea.

there is a curveball in all this, last night by a source who's close to the action he was adamant that his staying in England was not as done and dusted as would appear.

He wouldn't tell me which club he was talking about.

Would prefer him to go to a club outside the premier league but as much as it will kill me to see him in a Man U shirt, you can't begrudge the guy a move to wherever he wants. He's been loyal to this club for years and if he ends up going to Man U, Man C, or Chelsea then it's because the club have failed him. Contracted for 3 yrs and 27yrs of age. I actually think the timing is right to sell him. Don't know if we'll get what Levy will ask for him but if he's worth the reported 150mil there won't be too many clubs going for him. Man C have prioritised the signing of Haaland from Borussia Dortmund who will be available for 75mill and is much younger than Harry. Man U must now decide if they want Jadon Sancho or go for Kane. That leaves Chelsea.
If we do end up selling him, we need a new pairing in the middle of defence (would keep Rodon as a work in progress. Dier get rid, Sanchez get rid, Toby getting on in age so keep and get a back up ), a new right back to replace Aurier who looks like is headed to PSG (God help them! Keep Tanganga), another left back to replace Davies (get rid), get rid of Sissoko, Lamela, Winks. Keep Hojberg. Jury still out on Ndombele but his attitude has pissed me off of late. And after seeing Dele in the last couple of games I think a new coach could get him playing back to his best.
Lo Celso is injury prone so I would look to replace him.
Obviously we'll need another striker to replace Harry.

So is Harry's timing anything to do with us having fans in the stadium tomorrow against Villa?

I'm certain he'd want to show his appreciation. His branding/PR agency people are keen for him to have an above the tribal fray veneer and respect.

The narrative will remain, I love Spurs, I gave them my all, but at the end of the day they simply don't have the money to compete at the highest level, and coivd had pushed that possibility too far into the future for me to wait.

Bale left, we improved.

It's the best thing for both parties, and I do believe Kane's form will dip badly within 2 seasons.

Bye Harry & Son, thanks for the memories.

That's the spirit. Coutinho, Ronaldo, Neymar, Hazard etc have all left the building and their clubs moved on.

You have to get on with it.

At least now we can think about genuine transfer targets as we're actually have a kitty again.

Just a quickie, if its true about Kane wanting to jack it in, then fine, if he goes to MC I could live with that, just! prefer it if he went abroad, but if he went to the Chavs or MU, I cannot describe the dislike I would have for him, hate comes to mind.