Levy speaks! | Page 7 | Vital Football

Levy speaks!

I think there is enough evidence to give credit to Levy for his financial handling of the club. The football side is debatable. Lots of managers and poor signings. Lack of bravery perhaps in the speculate to accumulate sense.

I think there is enough evidence to give credit to Levy for his financial handling of the club. The football side is debatable. Lots of managers and poor signings. Lack of bravery perhaps in the speculate to accumulate sense.

There have been two noticeable successes; Harry and Poch both can be argued over-achieved on small squads; it's also noticeable that probably one of the worst managers I've ever seen (Ramos) won silverware before being dispatched.

Apart from the last year, I enjoyed almost all of Poch's reign - but no question, when it comes to the manager front, Levy and the board have made some poor decisions.

Perhaps we should during this hiatus discuss the relative merits of every manager?

Ancelotti for me if JM is out.

But JM deserves his shot. We moaned about Pochettino and look what happened there.

Let me ask this...who in their right mind would want to come to Spurs if JM leaves or is sacked...

Or more accurately who worth a shit would come....?

There have been two noticeable successes; Harry and Poch both can be argued over-achieved on small squads; it's also noticeable that probably one of the worst managers I've ever seen (Ramos) won silverware before being dispatched.

Apart from the last year, I enjoyed almost all of Poch's reign - but no question, when it comes to the manager front, Levy and the board have made some poor decisions.

Perhaps we should during this hiatus discuss the relative merits of every manager?

Glenn aside I liked AVB. I know its an unpopular choice. I really thought he was going to be something different. Always spoke well. He had turgid players though. But I recall we did well in the big games.

The rest....meh.

Poch had the best squad in the league at one point and somehow they managed to squander/bottle every chance that was gifted to them of winning something.

Say what you will about the latest incumbent, at least he has a spark.

Glenn aside I liked AVB. I know its an unpopular choice. I really thought he was going to be something different. Always spoke well. He had turgid players though. But I recall we did well in the big games.

The rest....meh.

Poch had the best squad in the league at one point and somehow they managed to squander/bottle every chance that was gifted to them of winning something.

Say what you will about the latest incumbent, at least he has a spark.

If AVB didn't play the high line against the better teams he would have probably kept his job.

The hammerings we took because of his stubbornness was insane.

If AVB didn't play the high line against the better teams he would have probably kept his job.

The hammerings we took because of his stubbornness was insane.

I thought AVB got the best out of Bale. 81 points in the league was the best up until Poch's 86 points. Poch's win rate was 54%. AVB's was 55% and it would have been interesting to see whether he could have fixed the problems you talk about. That Liverpool game !!!

Poch was also empowered when he took over. He would have never let a toxic Sherwood undermine him in the background. He would have told his chairman to kick his sorry arse out of the club and get the club at all levels working to a common goal. So would Mourinho right now if he saw a negative influence like that at the club.

It's not for sale Ioan. What can we do about that? :shrug:

No owner can stay at a club if the majority of the supporters are against him.

It seems that some Spurs supporters feel satisfied when their club competes for a top six place without any chance to win the title only because the owners of the club don't want to take a very small risk at the proper time to strengthen the squad with players that are needed.

Perhaps they have an inferiority complex towards the clubs that have won regularly titles and trophies last decades!

It seems that some Spurs supporters feel satisfied when their club competes for a top six place without any chance to win the title only because the owners of the club don't want to take a very small risk at the proper time to strengthen the squad with players that are needed.

Perhaps they have an inferiority complex towards the clubs that have won regularly titles and trophies last decades!

Ioan, Levy doesn't give a flying naff about what supporters think. He is growing the value of the club that's all that matters to him. I think he does want to win. Not sure he's capable of making it happen, but he isn't going to sell in the short to mid-term.

Unless you have a plan to buy him out I am not sure what you expect to happen?

I think we know the answer to that one already 80. He doesn't have a scooby how to get the club winning trophies on a regular basis.

He can shove his law degree and land purchasing degree where the sun doesn't shine.

" a small risk" !!!!! that is so fucking funny.

Go and educate yourself with the gap in revenues, wages and ability spend (extract each clubs base cashflow elements) for the past 20 years, more so the last 10.

When you've done that come back and tell everyone what you've found!

I think we know the answer to that one already 80. He doesn't have a scooby how to get the club winning trophies on a regular basis.

He can shove his law degree and land purchasing degree where the sun doesn't shine.

His biggest failing is his inability (apart from perhaps two maybe three) to pick people who can make the sum of the parts be greater as a whole.

This financial crisis will have a massive impact on each and every team, including those owned by sugar daddies who might be hit even harder.

We will come out better, so I for one am happy that we have Levy.

" a small risk" !!!!! that is so fucking funny.

Go and educate yourself with the gap in revenues, wages and ability spend (extract each clubs base cashflow elements) for the past 20 years, more so the last 10.

When you've done that come back and tell everyone what you've found!

To buy a hard needed player in the January transfer window in order to boost the chances of the club to win a title or a trophy isn't a big financial risk as you can balance the books by spending, eventually, less in the summer.

Don't try to fool the supporters with your fairy tales about Levy.

We have read a nice fairy tale about Levy, a lifetime Spurs fan (!), who became chairman and share holder of the club but without aiming to win glory on the field inside a reasonable time period!
In the meantime, he earns millions from the club and increases its selling price!!
It is another effort to fool the naive ones among the supporters and those who believe that Spurs is a Millwall!

It is ridiculous to buy a big London football club, to earn every year for yourself a salary of a few millions from the club and not to set a reasonable time period inside of which the club will be able to compete for titles and trophies.

No football club owner can set an excessively long-term target (twenty, thirty or forty years) in order to win glory on the field!
That's why Levy and Co have tried from the beginning to fool Spurs supporters by no setting such a target but they let the supporters believe that it could happen next period or the period after next.
With this method they have earned time and some millions from salaries while with constructions works they have increased the selling price of the club without winning any serious silverware!

Only a sadistic person would hold a club hostage to his long time business plans, contemning it not to win any title or trophy during all that period!!