Leeds United-Manchester City Premier League Post Match Thread | Page 3 | Vital Football

Leeds United-Manchester City Premier League Post Match Thread

19:48
'We can’t be down from this result'
Leeds 0-4 Man City

Leeds defender Luke Ayling to Sky Sports: "I thought we did really well for long spells of the game. We had a game plan and stuck to it.

"Set-pieces have been our downfall this season.

"We stuck to our game plan for the first 20 minutes. We had chances, caught them on the counter. But the set-piece goal was poor from us.

"It’s hard at 1-0 because you’re chasing. And then we got done from another set-piece.

"It felt like our press was good and we were forcing them into things they don’t usually do.

"We’re playing against probably the best team in the world so it was always going to be tough.

"We’ve got to score some goals and carve some results out. A lot of teams lose to City. We were unbeaten in five and have been playing well. We can’t be down from this result. We played well and were brave on the ball."
Fuck off you moron.

I said at the start of Buzz’s excellent MDT that Tierney was Top of the Shit Refs League.
I stand by my assertion and the fucker has cemented his position.
Incompetent or bent? Probably both.

I said at the start of Buzz’s excellent MDT that Tierney was Top of the Shit Refs League.
I stand by my assertion and the fucker has cemented his position.
Incompetent or bent? Probably both.
I think of him more as a spineless pussy. He started fine, and then the fans intimated him, and he rolled over.

What a shocker the ref had, he is just not up to standard for the prem and needs to be dropped from the list.
A study in incompetence. I think he sensed that having set his stall out with that early yellow card that, given the frequency of fouls he was witnessing, that the path he had chosen would end in a Leeds player getting an early bath earning him the hatred of the home crowd who were showing that he would be subject to a vitriolic hate campaign………….so he bottled it.

Marsch has joined my list of Most Detested Premier League Managers and his name has been added to a role call of illustrious companions such as Taggart, Maureen, Warnock, Dyche, Pardew. There are probably others. I must consult the archives. :unsure:

Marsch has joined my list of Most Detested Premier League Managers and his name has been added to a role call of illustrious companions such as Taggart, Maureen, Warnock, Dyche, Pardew. There are probably others. I must consult the archives. :unsure:
:giggle:

I think those are more on point although I believe Zinchenko was better than a six even given his limited time on the pitch. He was dropped into a high tempo, difficult game against snarky opponents at a time when they were going to be pushing harder. He played some super first time passes, did not panic & stayed cool. I would award him a 7. :thumbup:

Injury update on poor Mr. Dallas of Leeds United.

“Stuart Dallas faces a lengthy period out of action due to a femoral fracture sustained in yesterday’s Premier League game with Manchester City.
Stuart was kept overnight at Leeds General Infirmary and will now travel to London for surgery and further tests.”

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/61290868

How sad. My heart bleeds for him. NOT.

Well - that is a serious career threatening injury. I do wish him a full and successful recovery for his sake and that of his family. He bears a significant proportion of responsibility for sustaining it though following his poor judgement in making that challenge.

He also was done no favours by the weak refereeing by Tierney whose failure to penalise the persistent fouling by Leeds players (& Dallas was one of the worst) simply encouraged them to continue doing so safe in the knowledge they could get away with it. There is a direct line between his cowardly decision making and the injury Dallas suffered.

Last edited:
Well - that is a serious career threatening injury. I do wish him a full and successful recovery for his sake and that of his family. He bears a significant proportion of responsibility for sustaining it though following his poor judgement in making that challenge.

He also was done no favours by the weak refereeing by Tierney whose failure to penalise the persistent fouling by Leeds players (& Dallas was one of the worst) simply encouraged them to continue doing so safe in the knowledge they could get away with it. There is a direct line between his cowardly decision making and the injury Dallas suffered.
That is very magnanimous of you Skoorb.
However that challenge could have resulted in breaking Flash’s leg, not his own.
Zero sympathy.

That is very magnanimous of you Skoorb.
However that challenge could have resulted in breaking Flash’s leg, not his own.
Zero sympathy.
I'm with you, C. I'm not going to fake sympathy when I believe he got what he deserved. I'm sick and tired of seeing our players battered.

I totally agree with you in regard to hoping that Dallas's injury is not career threatening, It did look like a 50/50 ball and Grealish got there first and unfortunately he has come off the worse, I am sure that The Referee had the injury to Dallas been a minor one, he would have issued a 2nd yellow card to Dallas.

I like you blame firstly the instruction by Marsch to his players to be pesky and secondly to the Referee for not getting a grip of this with his (Dallas) first tackle on Grealish, but no-one wants any player to suffer broken legs and I too hope that Dallas makes a full and speedy recovery.