League Two Summer Business | Page 8 | Vital Football

League Two Summer Business

Notts County sign Welsh international David Vaughan from Forest.

They really are spending an awful lot of money.

Extremely good signing.

They should be getting promotion easily if they continue singing players of the Calibre they are signing. Hopefully they have no money left for defence, but I’m sure they will.

He's pumping in a small fortune but they're still losing a lot of money, five figures a week I believe?
They're still losing money and someone who knows far more than me about such (financial) matters (and indeed him), has said they are fairly sure he doesn't have the financial muscle or resources to sustain this and that it could all come crashing down at any time.

Watch this space...... as think they've gone all out "sh*t or bust", and once you've gone down that route it very rarely ends well.

David Vaughan is 35!!!
And we get moaned at for signed lads of 30!

Under normal circumstances, yes. But Vaughan is still a good player - was on the bench for Wales v England at Euro 2016. Will still be pretty useful in League Two.

If County fail this season, it will be a cock-up of major proportions.

Vaughan scored a cracker in the Paolo Di Canio inspired first of the six in a row. A good and underappreciated player.

I'm happy to see them buy their way out of this division if it gets rid of them. We got promoted from the Conference after all the big spending clubs (bar FGR) had gone up (e.g. Mansfield, Luton, etc), so I suspect the same may happen with L2 (if we don't manage it this season, of course).

I would agree with that entirely, but I am expecting us to accompany them up this season.

They are building an extremely good squad, it has to be said. Will surely be the bookmakers' favourites come 4 August.

Tom Miller made his debut for Bury tonight in a friendly at Glasgow Rangers (seriously). He was substituted at half time as Rangers ran out 6-0 winners in front of 41,015.

Not league two but I spotted a couple of interesting league one deals yesterday.
Jorge Grant go on loan to Luton for the season and Marc McNulty gone to Reading for over a million from Coventry.