League 2 Signings | Page 3 | Vital Football

League 2 Signings

Iffy did that once.
Said reason for leaving was to move back up north then signed for Swindon 😂

Most moves bring a signing on fee. Iffy moved around a lot and must have done well out of them. He was in demand so it made sense. That said we aren't going to win too many battles if it comes to a salary war.

We gave someone a 1 year contract and played him in 18 league games.

The audacity of the man to not have GFC tattooed across his forehead and sign his life to us :mad:
Excellent.
So many football fans simply cannot get their heads around the short contract position of players.
It’s a contract with a start date and a finish date.
Neither party owes the other anything after the contract expires.
The employer is at liberty to offer a new contract and the employee has every right to accept or reject.

There's a whole thread on their fan site about our released players. They'd quite like Oliver, but he'd need to understand he'd be third choice behind Norris and List....

Well, at least Big V was an effective target man. My memories of Norris were that he consistently jumped too early for high balls, and was always on the way down by the time the ball arrived. Can't ever remember him bringing the ball down and laying it off.

Must be the opposing centre half's dream.

Excellent.
So many football fans simply cannot get their heads around the short contract position of players.
It’s a contract with a start date and a finish date.
Neither party owes the other anything after the contract expires.
The employer is at liberty to offer a new contract and the employee has every right to accept or reject.

when i was contracting i would be looking at the day rate, location and duration.
Obviously depending where you were in your career then the status of the employer in the world, what you could add to your cv, etc cimes into play.
Many contractors did not give a toss about doing the best for the employer. Many who agreed to work daily at a location waited a week and then asked to come late and go early some days or to work from home, etc.

Why do we assume a footballer is any different. Loyalty and pride in your work cannot be assumed.

Speaking of Stevenage again. They’ve announced a 4th signing. Latest is Carl Piergianni from Peterboro. 30yo and I think all 4 have been 30+. Sounds like SE is going for mega experience. An old folks home someone on Twitter called them 😂

once again easy direct road and rail. Used to catch the east coast line from stevenage to darlington when going to the now famous Barnard Castle for work meetings. Otherwise straight up the A1 or cut across to the M1.

Well, at least Big V was an effective target man. My memories of Norris were that he consistently jumped too early for high balls, and was always on the way down by the time the ball arrived. Can't ever remember him bringing the ball down and laying it off.

Must be the opposing centre half's dream.

According to the following source, Luke Norris is the following height:

182cm (5ft 10) - https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/luke-norris/profil/spieler/186277
182.5cm (5ft 11 1/2) - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Luke_Norris
6ft - Football Manager (because why not?)

I'm surprised as I thought he was about 6ft 2in or 6ft 3in. If my memory was correct then I was going to say not all tall people are great in the air. But if he really was the heights cited above then not surprised though if he wasn't dominant in the air against the average defender. I seem to recall he was better ball to feet rather than lumping it high at his head. Certainly stylistically not a target man like Oliver and Tom Evans before him.

Speaking of Stevenage again. They’ve announced a 4th signing. Latest is Carl Piergianni from Peterboro. 30yo and I think all 4 have been 30+. Sounds like SE is going for mega experience. An old folks home someone on Twitter called them 😂

Born in Peterborough, but his last club was Oldham Athletic. I saw him play for Salford a few times - effective old fashioned battling centre-half.

If my memory was correct then I was going to say not all tall people are great in the air. But if he really was the heights cited above then not surprised though if he wasn't dominant in the air against the average defender. I seem to recall he was better ball to feet rather than lumping it high at his head. Certainly stylistically not a target man like Oliver and Tom Evans before him.

Quite correct to say that we do not always require a target man, particularly if we play the ball to feet, but it is always nice to have an outlet.

Norris could possibly have played alongside Big V or Big Tom but I do not remember him being blessed with Cody style pace either.

Nothing against the guy and I am sure that with the right service he will always know where the goal is, but IMHO he is League Two standard at best.

According to the following source, Luke Norris is the following height:

182cm (5ft 10) - https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/luke-norris/profil/spieler/186277
182.5cm (5ft 11 1/2) - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Luke_Norris
6ft - Football Manager (because why not?)

I'm surprised as I thought he was about 6ft 2in or 6ft 3in. If my memory was correct then I was going to say not all tall people are great in the air. But if he really was the heights cited above then not surprised though if he wasn't dominant in the air against the average defender. I seem to recall he was better ball to feet rather than lumping it high at his head. Certainly stylistically not a target man like Oliver and Tom Evans before him.
182 cm is over six feet tall.
Those figures are wrong.