League 2 Signings | Vital Football

League 2 Signings

Crewe/Donny and Carlisle have signed players today (sort it out Scally ffs etc etc of course), all previous bottom half L1 players last term recently released.

Edit: the Carlisle signing was actually at Annan last season.

Salford City seem have gone a similar route to Blackpool in appointing Neil Wood as their new manager. Wood joins Salford from Manchester United, where he was the U-23 Head Coach.

Wonder whether this will lead to some interesting loan signings ?

Salford City seem have gone a similar route to Blackpool in appointing Neil Wood as their new manager. Wood joins Salford from Manchester United, where he was the U-23 Head Coach.

Wonder whether this will lead to some interesting loan signings ?
It’s possible Lancs although the obvious rough and tumble of League Two may be a bit too much for youngsters from Premier teams.
I remember that lad we had on loan from Arsenal, the centre back, said that he headed the ball more on his Gillingham debut than he had in his entire career. 😂

It’s possible Lancs although the obvious rough and tumble of League Two may be a bit too much for youngsters from Premier teams.
I remember that lad we had on loan from Arsenal, the centre back, said that he headed the ball more on his Gillingham debut than he had in his entire career. 😂
Zech Medley....
He and Trea Coyle signed together then unsurprisingly left half way through season long loans.

With the investigation in to the dementia issue for ex-players, I suspect that youngsters will need to be ever more protected so the clubs they are loaned to may be more restricted as well, particularly during training.

In a competitive league, you would not want a centre half pulling out of an aerial challenge, though, so it is difficult.

On the subject of Salford, I see they have released Matty Willock. If Wikpedia is up to date, he made 11 appearances for them in one season after 18 for us over two seasons.

With the investigation in to the dementia issue for ex-players, I suspect that youngsters will need to be ever more protected so the clubs they are loaned to may be more restricted as well, particularly during training.

In a competitive league, you would not want a centre half pulling out of an aerial challenge, though, so it is difficult.

On the subject of Salford, I see they have released Matty Willock. If Wikpedia is up to date, he made 11 appearances for them in one season after 18 for us over two seasons.

Salford has released more than a dozen players, expect a total overhaul there ! Among the released guys is Ashley Hunter - only 26 and a really good attacking midfielder - would be a good pick up for us - if we could afford him.

Big Steve has signed one of our released players!

Have to say that I’m a bit disappointed in Aaron. We heard a big play about him wanting to return up north to his family in Sheffield, yet he’s gone to Stevenage. I guess it’s an hour closer to Sheffield but must be a good three hours away from there. Why not just be honest and say he didn’t want to play for us or wanted to make a sideways/backward move for more money?

Have to say that I’m a bit disappointed in Aaron. We heard a big play about him wanting to return up north to his family in Sheffield, yet he’s gone to Stevenage. I guess it’s an hour closer to Sheffield but must be a good three hours away from there. Why not just be honest and say he didn’t want to play for us or wanted to make a sideways/backward move for more money?

stevenage to Sheffield under two hours on the train - but disappointing that’s what Aaron has settled on.

I reckon Stevenage will have a higher playing budget than Gills next season, Chapman was their second signing of the day having already signed the experienced Michael Bostwick. I’ve seen their training facilities in a video when Steve Evans first went there and they look much more impressive than what Gills have got. Perhaps Evans had already tapped up Chapman and offered him more in wages than what Harris could have done.
The whole excuse about him wanting to be further North you can take with a pinch of salt.

The fact that Evans had Cummings at his disposal is the reason for that.

I don’t blame Chapman at all. Expect he’s doing what’s best for himself and young family.

No I don’t blame him at all, just surprised that’s where he’s ended up. But then I think Stevenage have fairly new owners who might be prepared to offer him more than he was on with us.

I guess we’ll see if he ends up being #1 or backup again.