League 2 Signings | Page 14 | Vital Football

League 2 Signings

Crawley Town are apparently about to sign highly rated Brentford goalie Ellery Balcombe on a season loan. Ellery is on the verge of Brentford`s first team so would be an impressive capture by Crawley.

Wonder if we`ve been trying to tempt Balcombe.

Former Gill Jack Payne has left Crawley by mutual consent after only signing a new deal recently. He was a important player for them last couple of seasons. Be interesting to see where he heads next.I would guess he has something lined up.

Former Gill Jack Payne has left Crawley by mutual consent after only signing a new deal recently. He was a important player for them last couple of seasons. Be interesting to see where he heads next.I would guess he has something lined up.
Jack Payne has signed for Borehamwood.

AFC Wimbledon just signed Brentford`s Nathan Young-Coombes. A 19 yr old striker who scored 34 goals for their u-23 team last season. Looks a high quality acquisition. Season long loan.

Possibly shows the wages are not that different these days.But definitely appears to be a change of direction at Crawley.Post Yems maybe or simply far more funds.

I wouldn’t want to play for Crawley - all this NFT and voting bollocks makes it a basket case IMO

Yeah, and wasn’t that Norwich lad the top scorer in the previous season?
Only joshing.
He may be magic.
We might find out tomorrow.

Tis true that Brentford (and Norwich) are, and were last season, "B" teams in Premier 2. Most lads in the "A" division of Prem 2 should be able to hold their own in EFL 1 or 2 and in many cases, even the Championship. Funny old set-up.

Good news: Luton Town have signed star Grimsby forward John McAtee.

Not so good news: Luton Town have loaned him back to Grimsby for the season.

I do think that there might be a possibility of a Luton town player deal before the window shuts .The behind closed doors friendly possibly points to us looking at a player or two?

Seems a good deal for Grimsby with him being out of contract at the end of the season, if he rips up L2 though I imagine Luton have a January recall.

Crawley have just launched their B team they play their first game tonight. This shows the squad size differences .I believe they will use kids and trialist but still it sounds like they have far more players available.

Crawley have just launched their B team they play their first game tonight. This shows the squad size differences .I believe they will use kids and trialist but still it sounds like they have far more players available.

They have about 35 players in their squad, with their odd ownership model it’s either going to go really well or end in a mess (I suspect the latter).

They have about 35 players in their squad, with their odd ownership model it’s either going to go really well or end in a mess (I suspect the latter).
Where is their money coming from, I guess they have a wealthy owner as it’s not like they get large crowds?