Latics Pics Various | Page 82 | Vital Football

Latics Pics Various

I don't think the colours are right. I've seen photos from this match before and we had red shirts.
That photo was the 3-3 draw at Valley Parade on 11th. April 2981 not August, we played them again the begining of the following season on 29th August, that is the game where we played in a red kit, it was a scorching hot day and cracking game, I have a feeling Clive Evans scored a 30 screamer but Bobby Campbell terrorised us.

That photo was the 3-3 draw at Valley Parade on 11th. April 2981 not August, we played them again the begining of the following season on 29th August, that is the game where we played in a red kit, it was a scorching hot day and cracking game, I have a feeling Clive Evans scored a 30 screamer but Bobby Campbell terrorised us.
Went to that ground a few times in the early eighties , used to be a pub near the ground that had topless barmaids and strippers(allegedly) was stood outside when a Latics fans coach went past and a load od Bradford fans threw glasses at the coach..

Barry Worthington and fellow members of Vital Latics, on their way to the

FA Cup Semi-Final at Wembley, are presented with some vital match day fayre - pies, pop and crisps.

1710768842692.jpeg

Latics players Jason De Vos, Stuart Kerr and Steve McMillan came along to Wigan Infirmary to hand out easter eggs with the junior latics.

They are pictured here with Rebecca Clark and mum Karen

1711757176957.jpeg

Charlotte Stockley, 12, from Pemberton, with Wigan Athletic stars Jason Roberts and Jimmy Bullard during their visit with fellow players Nathan Ellington and Alan Mahon to give out Easter Eggs to children on Wigan Infirmary's Rainbow Ward.

1711757490554.jpeg

Official opening of the floodlights on 24 October 1966,
when Manchester City were the visitors.
City brought a full strength team to Springfield Park and won 4–0.

Att: 10,119

It was great to see some legendary footballers at Springy,
I think there was far more on than 10,119 .

Latics:

Halsall, Houghton D., Houghton S., Crompton, Craig,
Roberts, Llewellyn, Brown, Ryan, Lyon, Stanley.

Man City:

Dowd, Pardoe, Book, Oakes, Heslop, Horne, Crossman, Bell,
Young, Murray, Summerbee.

2.jpg

Latics Squad 1966:
1713272689129.jpeg

Last edited:
Official opening of the floodlights on 24 October 1966,
when Manchester City were the visitors.
City brought a full strength team to Springfield Park and won 4–0.

Att: 10,119

It was great to see some legendary footballers at Springy,
Peter Barnes played a blinder.
I think there was far more on than 10,119 .

View attachment 72652
Peter Barnes Springy ?

Too early for him ….and too late for his Dad Ken