Latics Pics Various | Page 81 | Vital Football

Latics Pics Various

Well we are two levels up from when we played in the FA Trophy but Lancaster in the FA Trophy or Man Utd in the FA Cup this year were equal to me in the way of importance.
Loved those non league days. Something special about them.
Your right, i was a very young teenager, when i first started watching the Latics, but at 72 i can still remember going to the ram-shackled grounds from the non-league days.

Your right, i was a very young teenager, when i first started watching the Latics, but at 72 i can still remember going to the ram-shackled grounds from the non-league days.
It's been unbelievable really. Who would ever have thought Great Harwood, Darwen and Rossendale United to United, City and Liverpool. Ashworth Trophy and Floodlight Cup finals to FA and League Cup finals.
Thanks to you and this magnificent thread we can all re live all these special moments.
Simply the best thread ever on this board.

I worked at Leyland Motors with all the Division one fans from PNE, Blackburn Rovers Bolton, Utd etc. They would congratulate/sympathise with me Latic from Wigan over our FA Cup exploits and "local Derby games with Chorley. I used to say "One of these days......." Well those days arrived, but sadly Leyland went bust and I never got to sympathise when we beat all these clubs over the last few years.

I worked at Leyland Motors with all the Division one fans from PNE, Blackburn Rovers Bolton, Utd etc. They would congratulate/sympathise with me Latic from Wigan over our FA Cup exploits and "local Derby games with Chorley. I used to say "One of these days......." Well those days arrived, but sadly Leyland went bust and I never got to sympathise when we beat all these clubs over the last few years.
Same here Taff (from '78) but at British Aerospace, not Leyland Motors. Luckily, I was fortunate to be able to return all the banter with interest as we got to the Premier League, stayed there, and then (still unbelievably) won the cup.

It's been unbelievable really. Who would ever have thought Great Harwood, Darwen and Rossendale United to United, City and Liverpool. Ashworth Trophy and Floodlight Cup finals to FA and League Cup finals.
Thanks to you and this magnificent thread we can all re live all these special moments.
Simply the best thread ever on this board.
Thanks for that,
we have to keep the history of the Club going,
because if the young ones don't get to know, they think Wigan Athletic
started at the JJB/DW stadium.