Knob end away | Page 2 | Vital Football

Knob end away

It would be very easy just to answer a fellow fan with courtesy if you knew.
It was 2509 if anyone else is interested.

Thanks Jeff, great to see we've already sold more this time.

Preston are in a mess at the moment, we've not had much to shout about on the road this year but this will hopefully one where we turn that around.

Just had a look and Preston still have Maxwell in goal. If anyone can remember last few times we played him his kicking was appauling for distance or accuracy and every time we pressured them it forced him to go long and he sent it out for a throwing nearly every time. Unless he's been able to improve drastically a high press and chasing down the keeper will give us a lot of joy tomorrow.

We are playing them at a really good time and while they will be up for this too and prob see this as a winnable game to turn their season round, we've really got to the most of this. They have the worst defence in the league so if we can bring the version of us we see at home rather than the more cautious away version we have a golden opportunity.

J........They have the worst defence in the league so if we can bring the version of us we see at home rather than the more cautious away version we have a golden opportunity.
Personally, I'd be quite happy to see the Stoke away version.

Personally, I'd be quite happy to see the Stoke away version.
At Stoke away we actually started really badly and we getting battered and lucky not to be behind when we scored. That goal completely changed the game in our favour, but we did start that game the way we started every other away game being more cautious and struggling. The same happened at Villa, we started poorly but when we got our goal we started to play.

It feels at the moment that when we are away we need the first goal to get us going.

We have not quite been the same threat going forward lately but we still keep picking up points so can`t relay complain..
Windass needs to step up now looked lazy and lost v Swansea..

Did we start badly, or did they start well? Regardless, I'll take a slow start, a goal against the run of play, and then finish it off with a comfortable stuffing.

At Stoke away we actually started really badly and we getting battered and lucky not to be behind when we scored. That goal completely changed the game in our favour, but we did start that game the way we started every other away game being more cautious and struggling. The same happened at Villa, we started poorly but when we got our goal we started to play.

It feels at the moment that when we are away we need the first goal to get us going.
Understatement of the season! We’ve lost every game where we haven’t scored first

No excuses against these lot. The table doesn’t lie, rock bottom, can’t buy a win and they’ve conceded more goals than anyone else. Grow a pair of bollocks, take the game to them and win. A performance and result like Norwich and QPR in front of a vast away following will see all the deserved goodwill built up disappear.

It was on the cards, we always do this. If a striker is having a bad patch, we gift him one. If a club is having a poor run, we inevitably give them a result. I rarely criticise the Manager but I must admit there have been some strange selections today.

Perhaps a little naïve or inexperienced at this level?

Yet another complete and utter shambles away performance, We're absolutely shocking away from home.

Last edited:
Just better and better. 3-0 and game over.

Embarrassing performance in front of 4000 fans.

I’m shocked about the gutless approach of most of our players. High scoring West Brom next.......

Preston let in 3 goals in each of their last few games.
They were bottom of the division at the start of today.
We can't score against them.
We lose 4-0 to the bottom team.
What happened to the "We're going to go for it this season".
Unacceptable.

Anyone got a cabbage?

This is the first Saturday match I haven't been able to watch a stream of all year (wife's birthday) and boy did I pick a good one to miss.

Ever since Massey got hurt at QPR we've haven't had the least bit of a goal scoring threat away from home. I hope this is a wake-up call for Cook to switch things up because we are approaching the point of insanity with his team selections.