Kewell sacked after 10 weeks !! | Vital Football

Kewell sacked after 10 weeks !!

Wow, I heard a rumour about that a few days ago but I ridiculed it (don't forget I am usually wrong about these things, though). Interesting that he was called 'the long-term solution for Notts County' - by County's recent standards, ten weeks is long-term.

EDIT: Even more money down the drain by Mr Hardy - further to the huge outlay buying the likes of Dennis and Boldewijn in the summer, he has now sacked two managers before Christmas. As both of those were high-profile figures, they must have been on very good money. Their finances must be like Swiss cheese.

It looks absolutely farcical on the surface but the desperation of being near the Non League trap door heightens the tension. The trouble is teams know that it is so difficult to get back in the League once you drop out! A feeling we know only too well ourselves.

It will be great to get into League 1 if we can at the end of this season then you have a division buffer!

I can see Paul Hurst getting the job!

It will be great to get into League 1 if we can at the end of this season then you have a division buffer!

Although a number of clubs are relegated from League One and plummet straight through within a season or two: Tranmere, Chesterfield, Orient, Hartlepool, Bristol Rovers etc. Port Vale stayed up by a point last season too.

Although a number of clubs are relegated from League One and plummet straight through within a season or two: Tranmere, Chesterfield, Orient, Hartlepool, Bristol Rovers etc. Port Vale stayed up by a point last season too.

That's true and we actually did this ourselves from 1986 to 1987 when we finished 21st in League 1 then we finished bottom of League 2 in 1987 having been on the bottom for just the last match to become the first team automatically relegated. But it still gives you time to turn things around.

It still grates me that all the media could concentrate on was that Burnley saved themselves in the last game and we hardly got a mention slipping out of the League losing 2-0 at the Vetch in Swansea. It's still burnt in my memory!

That's true and we actually did this ourselves from 1986 to 1987 when we finished 21st in League 1 then we finished bottom of League 2 in 1987 having been on the bottom for just the last match to become the first team automatically relegated. But it still gives you time to turn things around.

It still grates me that all the media could concentrate on was that Burnley saved themselves in the last game and we hardly got a mention slipping out of the League losing 2-0 at the Vetch in Swansea. It's still burnt in my memory!

Absolutely Casper.
Remember it all too well. Burnley were the ONLY interest for the media.

And to follow on from the point about double relegations, Newport County of course followed us down both seasons too, one year behind us. They suffered an even worse fate when folding during their first season in the conference. Could so easily have been our fate too.
Thankfully they revived soon afterwards, albeit ground-less (and I guess technically STILL ground-less as they have not had their own stadium since).

Oh dear!. Another ex premiership player makes his mark as a manager!. Who will take on this poisoned chalice? Will Mr Hardy go continental? Will he go for the permatand one, just for his experience in keeping teams in the same league?
Children in Need on Friday or should that be Counteah in Need!?

Just been reading about owner Hardy's driving ban...He tried to get out of it on medical grounds- saying he would have terrible travel sickness if sat anywhere else in the vehicle except the driver's seat !!
Solution for u Mr Hardy...get a left hand drive car for your chauffeur and u can still sit happily in the usual seat...
Prize twat

"A great day for football" according to Des Lyneham

What a crazy decision this is. Kewell would have settled County down given time and made them a threat next season. Constant sacking of managers must cost them a fortune which could be otherwise invested in the team. Whoever goes there next just live out of a suitcase it will save time packing up