Kevin MacDonald | Vital Football

Kevin MacDonald

Status
Not open for further replies.
Long overdue that Kev Mac has finally been relieved of his position, this should’ve happened years ago. It’s shame on the club (although not the new regime) that he was allowed to continue and even walk us out against Milwall.

Just reading some comments from the Farrell chap, who believes he destroyed far more careers than he helped. What a horrible nasty bloke, to think we have the pick of the best youngsters in the midlands, who win tournaments worldwide who the progress into the top youth age and this old dinosaur gets his hands on their destiny.

We need a regime and a manager that is willing to tear out the cancer in our club and dare I say it, we have that in place now.

He looks like a miserable sod. I've seen him out in Burbage where he lives and I've never seen him smile.

Hopefully we see criminal prosecution and also Lerner should face legal action for allowing the return of McDonald, it's downright abuse and should not go unpunished.

Before the Millwall game I thought he had left a long time ago. If these new allegations are true it’s a shame he had been allowed to stay on after the previous similar reported incidents

Amazing. I've had an impression that Mark Delaney might have been moving into the U23s driving seat recently.

Hopefully the new owners will sort out what needs to be sorted out.

From memory it was Sherwood who brought him back as U23s coach, so it was under Lerner.

It's not pretty! Neither was Farrelly's story - I chose against FPing my own thoughts earlier tonight.

He has been actually, far more interviews this season, the U23's have been called or at least implied as 'his' at points and he's taken on HK Soccer Seven travelling as well from memory Mc.

Correction: Sherwood brought Macdonald back as assistant manager, then when Sherwood brought in other people over the summer, like Wilkins, he moved over to the under 23s.

So back under Lerner, but Tom Fox for his return, but the complaint was lodged in 2016 with the FA so would've been early Xia days and whatever changes had taken place at U23 level left the FA not happy, but content it couldn't happen again.

And this is another historical story.

With original complaint I'm not sure if Wyness or Round would've had final say?

So many have left in recent years I've lost the timeline, but one of the reports was wrong as McAndrew always had the U18's with MacDonald the reserves/U21s/U23s to my memory, so I don't think his role changed at all until Delaney became a bit more prominent.

I think the club should have a full internal inquiry into the whole youth setup. We’ve had so much talent that hasn’t flourished so there is to me an underlying problem - whether that be coaching or just opportunities to progress I don’t know - but we should look at everyone and everything. We should get rid of anyone that has behaved like Macdonald, I suspect he isn’t the only one.

Is this the sort of thing the FCG can press? We don’t need the bad press and we also need our investment in the youth to payback.

There is no doubt that young players will be challenged verbally and physically the moment they walk on the pitch as a 'professional footballer'. To that end they have to be prepared for the inevitable confrontations that follow. Some young boys will never be able to handle this issue and will disappear. Professional football is not all about talent and skill, it is also about grit and determination. That said, young talent should be nurtured and bullying just for the sake of it it is spiteful and unnecessary. My heart goes out to those young lads who did not get the support they needed. Let's hope the investigation is thorough and it's findings made public.
Regards,
G.T.

Interesting how Farrelly has revised his opinions over the years. I'm not saying he is wrong, or MacDonald is not abusive, but interesting nevertheless.

"I was young and I fought with the coach, Kevin McDonald, every day," he recalls, "but at least now I can turn round and say he made me a better player because of the things he taught me and the principles he was trying to get across. With hindsight at least he made me a better footballer."

https://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/news/6087767.im-happy-to-feel-wanted/

I have said it before, I'll say it again, the bloke is a grade A c***. Always been a disgrace that he has been allowed to be at the club this long.

Also always found it a great shame that no one ever gave him a taste of his own medicine.

I don't despise many people, I don't call many c***'s but this man, he's been like teflon at Villa and I've never understood why.

I hope he's shamed this time and never gets another job.

I seem to recall last time I expressed something similar, someone said he probably was just old school and that the 'kids' these days are too pampered.

Nope, he's a vile bully boy and that's that!

One of those where its difficult to call isn't it as plenty do speak highly of MacDonald as well and what he did for them, but for every one who makes it or that type of behaviour fires up to better, there are countless more who respond differently.

It's also an element of changing with the times, some realisation and the rest as more people are awake to that behaviour now, whereas before it was accepted.

Status
Not open for further replies.