Kay Burley | Page 24 | Vital Football

Kay Burley

It isn't a fair comment as was there little or no opposition from the tory opposition and it would not have neen passed if the conservative opposition had wanted to. 84 Labour MPs voted against it and 69 abstained, 54 liberals also voted against it, NOT ONE tory voted against it, 17 abstained.

It was a Labour government in charge, there is no dispute about that. So yes they did lead us into it. To now try and deflect blame on the opposition for not opposing it is summat else.

It isn't a fair comment as was there little or no opposition from the tory opposition and it would not have neen passed if the conservative opposition had wanted to. 84 Labour MPs voted against it and 69 abstained, 54 liberals also voted against it, NOT ONE tory voted against it, 17 abstained.

LMB, be fair. You can't blame the opposition for supporting a policy put forward by the (then) government. The fact that some of the government party voted against the action is more down to individual concerns issues than an organisational one.

All the stuff about WMD was put out by the government .... not the opposition.

I think Blair (and Brown) did plenty of good stuff ... this wasn't one of them. I'd still have 'em back tomorrow.

There you go again, he distinctly told you it wasn't aimed at "Labour voters like you" but the "Labour Party as an organisation" well as a member myself and my family ARE part of that organisation, so who did he mean.

There I go again doing what?

I assume he meant the party in the HOC ... or the National Executive ... but I suppose I'll let him speak for himself.

Regardless, my point stands.

Let’s look at what you actually wrote (below).

You claimed Johnson was partying late into the night before Prince Phillips funeral. This is a lie. He was not there and no msm is claiming he was. I think we’ll file this lie alongside the claims he lied to the Queen and a Court, which you are unable to substantiate.

The scum reference is also clear given he is surrounded by civil servants.

Given your incessant hysteria about the PM lying and moral codes, i find it somewhat hypocritical given your litany of lies on this thread.

also saw the pictures of of a 96 year old woman alone at the funeral of her husband of 73 years, none of her family members there to console or supporter her while johnson and the rest of his 'staff' in no.10 partied late into the night of the funeral, that woman was the Queen who abided by the rules johnson and co had put in place while they stuck two fingers up at her.

Anybody that offers the slightest defence to this disgrace of a person and the scum surrounding and making excuses for him are just as bad as the perpetrators of the crimes that took place and the subsequent lies to the country and misleading of parliament used to cover up what they had done.

Let's take this for one.

https://www.npr.org/2022/01/14/1073055412/boris-johnson-party-prince-philip-funeral

What about this one

https://www.politicshome.com/news/a...en-following-supreme-court-prorogation-ruling

Is this just a "litany of lies", now you show this proof that Angela Raynor made comments about a ginger 'whatever' - you seem to think newspaper articles from unknown sources are proof positive when it suits, are you now saying you was wrong in that instance ?
Can you also please show us all the post number where you answered this question.

Do you think a proven liar is fit to be PM of this country.

Last edited:
There I go again doing what?

I assume he meant the party in the HOC ... or the National Executive ... but I suppose I'll let him speak for himself.

Regardless, my point stands.

There's too much bile spouted in modern politics and there's a nasty side to the Labour Party these days where the extremists seem to have taken over. Although a member of the party LMB and his wife seemed sound but he doesn't help himself by reverting to name calling as the 1st port of call. He's also said he doesn't like torys so as a voter at the last ( and next ) it seems , in his mind, there's not much of a friendship to save.

Politics are so often the source of arguments.

LMB, be fair. You can't blame the opposition for supporting a policy put forward by the (then) government. The fact that some of the government party voted against the action is more down to individual concerns issues than an organisational one.

All the stuff about WMD was put out by the government .... not the opposition.

I think Blair (and Brown) did plenty of good stuff ... this wasn't one of them. I'd still have 'em back tomorrow.

Total bollocks the opposition leadership had representatives on the Privy Council including the leader of the opposition, they recieved exactly the same information that the government did from the intelligence services, isn't that something that was thrown at corbyn when he questioned Russian poison attacks in this country. There was lots of support by the public in this country after the shocking terrorist attack on the twin towers, much information that was given to the Uk government on WMD was provided by USA intelligence services.

My answer is not defending what happened just giving a different perspective to the anti Labour rhetoric that eminates from that event, Blair might have shown culpability but to blame him alone is far from the true overall picture, as someone on here claimed.

Before anyone says I am defending what happened I opposed any suggestion of an invasion from the start and our local labour branch sent a motion to the CLP registering our opposition, one that Wigan CLP to their credit adopted and further registered our objection to head office.

Last edited:
There's too much bile spouted in modern politics and there's a nasty side to the Labour Party these days where the extremists seem to have taken over. Although a member of the party LMB and his wife seemed sound but he doesn't help himself by reverting to name calling as the 1st port of call. He's also said he doesn't like torys so as a voter at the last ( and next ) it seems , in his mind, there's not much of a friendship to save.

I agree to an degree with your point re the bile (and the standard is set at the despatch box (both sides) in the HoC. ......... but I'd have preferred that you recognise the same from the (far?) right in the Tory party also.

As for LMB and name calling, to be fair mate, he thought you were calling him a gobshite. As I said, I didn't think you were ... but tell him, not me.

As for politics being the source of arguments ........ disagreement?, yes, .....arguments? not necessarily. It all depends on how we choose to respond to each other.

Let's take this for one.

https://www.npr.org/2022/01/14/1073055412/boris-johnson-party-prince-philip-funeral

What about this one

https://www.politicshome.com/news/a...en-following-supreme-court-prorogation-ruling

Is this just a "litany of lies", now you show this proof that Angela Raynor made comments about a ginger 'whatever' - you seem to think newspaper articles from unknown sources when it suits, are you now saying you was wrong in that instance ?
Can you also please show us all the post number where you answered this question.

Do you think a proven liar is fit to be PM of this country.

Let’s take this one by one.

The first article confirms that the PM was not present at number ten before Prince Phillips funeral. So your claim the PM was partying at number ten the night before is now confirmed as a lie.

In regards the second article it confirms the advice given to the Queen was deemed unlawful following adjudication by the Supreme Court. It does not say he lied, nor did this same court say he lied to them or the Queen.

As such I am still waiting to be enlightened on your claims he did lie to a Court and the Queen. No rush, take your time.

As for Raynor - there are at least four witnesses on the record to a journalist regarding her comments about flashing her ginger growler. A journalist won’t reveal their sources, but having doubled down on the claims since originally published she has not denied it.

As for your repeated question, it’s been answered so as you’ve been told, stop being a lazy bastard and find the post yourself.

I agree to an degree with your point re the bile (and the standard is set at the despatch box (both sides) in the HoC. ......... but I'd have preferred that you recognise the same from the (far?) right in the Tory party also.

As for LMB and name calling, to be fair mate, he thought you were calling him a gobshite. As I said, I didn't think you were ... but tell him, not me.

As for politics being the source of arguments ........ disagreement?, yes, .....arguments? not necessarily. It all depends on how we choose to respond to each other.

Oh I agree they are all as bad as one another but I was specifically addressing the point that he was a member and my concerns where that party is now heading.

I never said he, and certainly not his wife and family, were gobshites but there's enough knocking about in both main partys.

Total bollocks the opposition leadership had representatives on the Privy Council including the leader of the opposition, they recieved exactly the same information that the government did from the intelligence services, isn't that something that was thrown at corbyn when he questioned Russian poison attacks in this country. There was lots of support by the public in this country after the shocking terrorist attack on the twin towers, much information that was given to the Uk government on WMD was provided by USA intelligence services.

My answer is not defending what happened just giving a different perspective to the anti Labour rhetoric that eminates from that event, Blair might have shown culpability but to blame him alone is far from the true overall picture, as someone on here claimed.

Before anyone says I am defending what happened I opposed any suggestion of an invasion from the start and our local labour branch sent a motion to the CLP registering our opposition, one that Wigan CLP to their credit adopted and further registered our objection to head office.

Would this be the same local Labour branch that you once said concluded there was no anti semitism in the party?

Firstly Johnson was not there that night so was not parting in number ten as you claim. Another lie.
I wish Johnson would part with No10

Anyroad, are you any nearer enlightening us all as to when the PM lied to the Queen or the Court?
Would these lies be what Rees-Mogg did. In the name of the Prime Minister. Ree-Mogg would not go and attempt to prorogue Parliament without the full knowledge and under the instruction of Johnson

Would this be the same local Labour branch that you once said concluded there was no anti semitism in the party?

Yes it was, that branch also requested/asked the CLP to request information from other CLPs to tell us where this antisemitism was taking place, of the ones that replied they said they had seen none or had no incidents recorded, the national HQ did not provide any details when asked, but by then the purge was underway of anyone who supported corbyn.
But you have no interest in that whatsoever it is another deflection to hide your support for a proven liar.

For the second time you have called me a "lazy bastard", well then show us this post number where you answered my question, that will prove I am a "lazy bastard" and shut me up, it will also show you are not the lying "bastard" you are.

If you want a reminder of the question you claimed to have answered I will repeat it.

Do you think a proven liar is fit to be PM of this country, - as you and I both know there is no post where you answered the question, just answer it now.

A visitor from another galaxy looking on at this bullshit would probably quite rightly deduce that certain sections don't want the economy sorting out along with the cost of living crisis but more happy to pursue their own political agenda by prolonging this boring bullshit.

That's what the Labour Party has become now...a twitter run bunch of nasty gobshites.
Sadly, our economy is tanking (I can do the details if you wish and it is not a Brexit rant)
It is so bad that Johnson and his ship of fools (the ones he chose to be in the cabinet) do not really know what to do, the cost of living thing is getting worse, the need for high taxes will affect votes, yet high taxes are needed; yet high taxes will kill growth and there is the cost of living crisis. GDP is declining. We may well have high employment levels, that is a good thing (more tax revenue) but this will lead to wage inflation as companies chase workers with tempting salaries.
They do not know what to do to sort out the economy, possibly they do not really care about a few people up north having a cost of living crisis.
All they can do if sell off the NHS for short term gain.

I have a basic rule, that I will never ever snog a Tory, so you are safe

I wish Johnson would part with No10

Would these lies be what Rees-Mogg did. In the name of the Prime Minister. Ree-Mogg would not go and attempt to prorogue Parliament without the full knowledge and under the instruction of Johnson

No lies were spoken (not did). An interpretation of centuries old legislation was made by or on behalf of the the AG. Following subsequent scrutiny by the SC they determined this legal interpretation to be wrong. Consequently the PM apologised to the Queen for giving her incorrect legal advice. Nothing more, nothing less.

Look in the papers, those same papers you seem to think provides evidence of Angela Raynors guilt yet describe as MSM lies to further your bigotry.

The civil servants are not the scum, it is the tory top table especially its leader that are as starmer described "lower than a snakes belly" and that is significantly higher than your moral code.
Come on, Mr Starmer is from a law background. Hardly one to talk about anyone being lower than a Snakes belly.