Kappa Innit | Page 9 | Vital Football

Kappa Innit

I actually don’t mind the kits and I’m usually one of the last to warm to them, the sponsor is shit though. The kits look quality in the States without the sponsors, the kids are so lucky to not have some random Chinese betting logo ruining the tops.
Yeah, I bet they'd sell more kits without the sponsors on them. This should be proposed at the next FCG.

You'll never please 100% of people 100% of the time. For me I thought the Luke shirt was a classic, this one is just another football shirt.

Agreed re logo - ruins it and we should have the option to buy without.

Like the styles, but Kappa and the sponsors seem to want to get their moneys worth in terms of the number and size of logos.

The models and style of the video are more about Kappa's street image than they are about Villa.

I'm sure the club would sell lorry loads more if they were sponsor free. Equally sure that the sponsors would not agree to that. The aim after all is to make those that buy them a walking advertisement. For that reason, I'll stick to the classic retro shirts.

Yeah, I bet they'd sell more kits without the sponsors on them. This should be proposed at the next FCG.

They wouldnt receive as much in sponsiorship money either though, which would probably have a bigger effect than selling a few extra shirts.

Like the styles, but Kappa and the sponsors seem to want to get their moneys worth in terms of the number and size of logos.

The models and style of the video are more about Kappa's street image than they are about Villa.

I'm sure the club would sell lorry loads more if they were sponsor free. Equally sure that the sponsors would not agree to that. The aim after all is to make those that buy them a walking advertisement. For that reason, I'll stick to the classic retro shirts.

Yes I don't buy current shirts . I have my classic Umbro 1980 away shirt with the diamonds on the sleeve , and the equally classic 1981 home shirt. They are good enough for me.

Ordered mine yesterday. Must have been the only person in the world to not have been keen on the two-tone claret last season, got the away kit instead as I thought that was quality. Haven't bought a home shirt since our first season in the Champ, can't go wrong with a simple claret body and blue sleeves!

Is the promo video for real? At least with the home kit you could relate it to Villa Park matchday arriving at the station. I cannot really make out what the away kit actually looks like. Must be an age thing :(

I think the kits are ok, not Kappa's fault the sponsor logo is so big. There is only so much you can do with claret shirts and blue sleeves.
A lot of people were complaining about the lack of blue sleeves at the beginning of last season, but now we've been promoted that kit will probably become a classic.
I quite like the away kit personally and at least they've stuck to claret & blue and not some random colours like purple or green (probably saving that for the 3rd kit).
Cant see us wearing either of these away to Wet Spam - their home shirt is almost half sky blue

Not my cup of tea I must admit. Images I thought were going to be the kit looked much nicer.

Won't be losing any sleep over it to be fair, but looks a bit of a mess. The logo is a bit ott as well, but understand on sponsorship, money talks. But no need for W and then another W with 88. It takes up half the front of the shirt.

And by the looks of it, 3 kappa badges?

Hey ho, if they win in it, I'm not going to be worried. Might look nicer in the flesh so to speak.
It seems to me that they’ve looked at the light blue shirts from Reebok and UA and tried to create similar. Not very well imho. I think we’ll be seeing more of the 3rd kit as it’s not enough of a contrast with the home kit, especially with the claret shorts and socks.

Just a little observation from Minnesota: The shirts the players wore were about as form-fitting as you can get, highlighted by the fact that they were sweating profusely in the heat and humidity. I think the non-elite version will be more suitable for folks such as myself who's "six-pack" has been very well insulated for many years now..... :guiness::smoke::cuppa: