Jonathan Kodjia Thread | Page 16 | Vital Football

Jonathan Kodjia Thread

Seeing Kodjia on Wednesday just goes to prove that some posters and fans are on here posting crap and in the stands rather than being involved in professional football.

Some of the crap aimed at Kodjia since the start of the season. Sell him, sub him, bench him, stick him in the u23's.....
Some easily forgot what he was like in the first season and were quick to write him off.

Like I said. Play him and keep playing him and give him time to get back after nearly a nearly a whole season and a bit out injured. And the truth is he may need even more, time despite his three goals, before he is truly back to where he was.

Really pleased to see that the goal scoring spark has returned to Kodjia. His individual ability to create something out of nothing is an important asset. If he continues to create for himself and improves on his assists for others, we will have a Premier League quality striker on our hands.

That said, I stand by my earlier assessment of his strengths and weaknesses. No good him scoring worldies but missing the opportunity to set others up if we are losing games. The difference between expressing concern and the abusive negativity shown by some of those "fans" who booed his introduction at VP on Wednesday is important to recognise.

Like every player/coach/manager that wears the claret and blue, I want him to be successful.