Jonathan Kodjia Thread | Vital Football

Jonathan Kodjia Thread

Well no one can say Dr Xia hasn't put his money where his mouth is. Welcome to Villa Jonathan.

Bit confused seeing as Xia hinted we were after pace. I see Kodjia as competition for Gestede/Kozak. Not sure you could play 2 of that lot togehter?

Having said that when he got Baggies promoted he had 2 big men up top, so maybe he's going to start going for the battering ram approach?

Good stuff. I'm concerned about midfield and defence but we are well stocked with strikers at the moment. It's been a long time since anyone has said that at Villa.

That's £50 million spent! Dr X has kept his promise. Thank you Dr X. Now Riley that is how you pend £50 million Fox, Riley and Almstrad, not on the claptrap you bought on let buy a load of players and throw them on the field and hope for the best.

Hmmmm, hopefully he'll be a good addition - welcome to AVFC young man. I'm not sure we've really got proof though of the good doctor's wealth - if Ayew goes, havent we roughly broken even?

DeanoVilla - 30/8/2016 15:00

Bit confused seeing as Xia hinted we were after pace. I see Kodjia as competition for Gestede/Kozak. Not sure you could play 2 of that lot togehter?

Thats easy for you to say.

Well it's certainly a statement of intent and the good Dr ahs certainly put his money where his mouth is.

Ramps up the pressure on RDM now .

onlyteaminthemids - 31/8/2016 00:03

Hmmmm, hopefully he'll be a good addition - welcome to AVFC young man. I'm not sure we've really got proof though of the good doctor's wealth - if Ayew goes, havent we roughly broken even?

Before signing Kodjia, we were €26m in the red for this summer. I guess their fees will be roughly equal. It's not £50m but I think the club have done a great job of ripping the shit out of that disgraceful squad.

I mentioned this article in the transfer thread

http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/who-jonathan-kodjia-lowdown-aston-11598420

In it Kodija is described as "quick on and off the ball" so hopefully he has some pace to go with his height.

Can't really moan, we are actually spending decent amounts now rather than 2 mil on players like Westwood.

Never seen him play but it's another option. Looking forward to the window closing so RDM can get down to working with the group he's got.

Don't know much about him but welcome aboard! His goal record is good so maybe we can convert these chances. Certainly making a statement in the transfer market, can't fault the new owner in that regard.

Theoretically we now have four 20+ goals a season men in the squad (I'm including Ayew as he should be able to hit that at this level).

If we don't get promoted now then it's squarely at the door of the manager.