Jonah's Really REALLY Interesting Thread | Page 616 | Vital Football

Jonah's Really REALLY Interesting Thread

My new mattress has been delivered, they were meant to take the old one but said it wasn't on their job list. Best laid plans and what not. I look forward to trying the afore mentioned new mattress later...!

My new mattress has been delivered, they were meant to take the old one but said it wasn't on their job list. Best laid plans and what not. I look forward to trying the afore mentioned new mattress later...!
Just stick the old mattress on the path or the road the council will eventually take it away. Seems to work around here

We had a new fridge freezer delivered yesterday T C Hayes of Bearwood Delivery unpacked and the old one is taken away, they did have to Charge us 15 quid as they get charged that for fidges because of the refrigerant gases, Otherwise it would all be done for free. Top Company great service which is unusual in the day and age.

They charge for bulky items around here, fair enough sort of, I guess, but you do wonder what your council tax is for sometimes don't you!
Yes, I think it’s £40 for up to 5 large items (mattress, sofa, fridge, barbecue, etc.) and they come on the Monday of your recycling week here.

Used the service before, pretty efficient but as you say, er, council tax? Tight bastards 😂

Nah, not worth the hassle, easy enough to get the council round and ended up the same price to take the base and mattress that it did with the company for just the mattress. I wanted it lifted down for me as the pressure in the noggin is high, but had no cash to offer them and don't ask for favours, so did it myself gradually through the day!

Just be sent some job vacancies for Cummins Diesel engines, Darlington Huddersfield and Milton Keynes .
I am retired, I am retired please don't tempt me back No No NO go away!