Jonah's Really REALLY Interesting Thread | Page 556 | Vital Football

Jonah's Really REALLY Interesting Thread

Following the saga of the broken eggs on my last home grocery delivery I decided to go as long as possible before ordering again. Last night I either needed to go and do the shopping myself or place an order with Morrisons. I was able to book a delivery between 09.30 - 10.30. I am now waiting with bated breadth wondering what state the eggs will be. The delivery person will not be allowed off the drive until I have confirmed that all are in good order.

Following the saga of the broken eggs on my last home grocery delivery I decided to go as long as possible before ordering again. Last night I either needed to go and do the shopping myself or place an order with Morrisons. I was able to book a delivery between 09.30 - 10.30. I am now waiting with bated breadth wondering what state the eggs will be. The delivery person will not be allowed off the drive until I have confirmed that all are in good order.

I'm starting to get used to this 'Senior Citizen' lark...

First I got my bus pass, then it was my state pension.... now I'm getting discount on my haircut!

Is there anything else going that I can get folks (Senior folks that is)...Lol

We're all waiting to find out if they were scrambled or not JF.... the tension is unbearable.......
You all need to relax. My expected delivery did not arrive between 09.30-10.30. I waited 2 hours before ringing to complain. I spoke to a very nice lady who informed me that I have placed the order for delivery this evening between the said times...:slap: I did'nt know that there was an 09.30 pm. How silly of me.

You all need to relax. My expected delivery did not arrive between 09.30-10.30. I waited 2 hours before ringing to complain. I spoke to a very nice lady who informed me that I have placed the order for delivery this evening between the said times...:slap: I did'nt know that there was an 09.30 pm. How silly of me.

I can confirm I have been to Sainsburys for my parents and also bought myself two bunches (I know, mad) of spring onions.

I'm starting to get used to this 'Senior Citizen' lark...

First I got my bus pass, then it was my state pension.... now I'm getting discount on my haircut!

Is there anything else going that I can get folks (Senior folks that is)...Lol
B&Q do a seniors card gives 10% off on Wednesdays.
Just checked it out and its no longer open to new members.

Last edited:
One thing I've always wanted to know. Why do some supermarkets call them salad onions? Did summer get the hump?

I know not about this, frankly worrying, situation. Just checked and mine are definitely Spring Onions.

Yet another thing to lie away at night worrying about.

Greens onions are also known as spring onions, scallions, or salad onions. Green onions are actually baby, immature onions that are picked before they fully grow. The bulb is younger and is cut while the tops are still green. They have tiny white or pale-green bulbs at the end of long green tops.

Who knew?

That's all my ingteresting done for the month.

Greens onions are also known as spring onions, scallions, or salad onions. Green onions are actually baby, immature onions that are picked before they fully grow. The bulb is younger and is cut while the tops are still green. They have tiny white or pale-green bulbs at the end of long green tops.

Who knew?

That's all my ingteresting done for the month.

You certainly know your onions.

I bought some large spring onions from Aldi last week, as they had no smaller ones, I must say they were very nice.

What a joyous day to be alive, all this onion talk.