Jonah's Really REALLY Interesting Thread | Page 453 | Vital Football

Jonah's Really REALLY Interesting Thread

Scotland is quite nice, especially if you can get away from the people. The weather isn't great though.

Still not Kefelonia though. Given how the Scots can be over the English right now I'll stay at home this year I think.

Even having a few days in the Lake District or North Yorkshire Moors isn't worth it cos the prices are ridiculous.

A week in the Dale's costs can cost you a £1000. I can fly return with accommodation to Kefelonia for 4 weeks for that.

Granted I'm holiday savvy for timings on deals etc now however it's still cheaper to go abroad and guarantee the weather

I do have my weekend retreat in October this year to look forward to though, though with my like-minded friends

Finally plucked up the courage to go for my Blood test at Heartland Hospital, not a single sign say Path Lab or blood tests or feck all, even the "guard" on the main entrance sent me in the wrong direction.

When I did find it not a soul waiting, straight in and out.

Went to pay for parking and all the machines were only taking cash (not matty either), wtf is cash? Eventually found a human and he told me I had been less than 30 mins so it was free.

Couldn't get away from that shite hole quick enough, that side of Birmingham is horrible, not an area I know well or want to know well. It was like some 3rd world country.

Had a nice dinner tonight.

A dish from Indonesia (Mrs P cooked it) which I'd never had before. It's called Opor Bamboe which means White Curry! Had it with steamed rice and I must say, it was bloody lovely!............

:thumbup:

Couldn't get away from that shite hole quick enough, that side of Birmingham is horrible, not an area I know well or want to know well. It was like some 3rd world country.

The deprivation around that side of brum is an eye opener from the one time I took a diversion through there. Never again

Finally plucked up the courage to go for my Blood test at Heartland Hospital, not a single sign say Path Lab or blood tests or feck all, even the "guard" on the main entrance sent me in the wrong direction.

When I did find it not a soul waiting, straight in and out.

Went to pay for parking and all the machines were only taking cash (not matty either), wtf is cash? Eventually found a human and he told me I had been less than 30 mins so it was free.

I went to the hospital on Monday for blood tests. The woman made 9 attempts to get blood out of me with no success. I felt like a bloody pin cushion. Have to go back another time now. Not looking forward to it at all.