Johnson on TV tonight | Page 3 | Vital Football

Johnson on TV tonight

Unfortunately the tube was packed this morning. So bad in fact that customers on the Jubilee Line were unable to board some trains due to the overcrowding. London Bridge was quiet in comparison to usual, but still had 1000's of passengers traveling through. How many were "essential workers" I cannot say, but not many seemed to be heading towards Guy's or the London Hospital. Most traffic was going the other way, and appeared to be builders.

As earlier stated, what is "essential", earning a couple of bob (so as not to starve) or the safety of the Nation (depends on who you ask and how the question is phrased). Johnson really has to get a grip and help the self employed, not days down the line, but now :shake:

How many were "essential workers" I cannot say, but not many seemed to be heading towards Guy's or the London Hospital. Most traffic was going the other way, and appeared to be builders.

:
Eastern European builders? If someone has come from Poland to earn, you can't expect them to stay in their shared houses and not earn, when there is work available. Those are the cold facts, not defending them.

Not every "essential worker" is going to be a doctor, financial firms need IT, security, maintenance etc, to ensure that other workers can work from home.

Do you think the tube will increase the number of trains? If passengers are down, it won't stop crowding if the number of trains goes down by same percentage

Apparently 25 million watched him last night. 15 million on the BBC alone.
Made me think those who were talking up selling off the BBC and bits of the NHS just a few months ago have gone very quiet. When this is all over the unarguable benefits of having a proper public service broadcaster and a 'free to all' health service should be plain to see by everyone.

Apparently 25 million watched him last night. 15 million on the BBC alone.
Made me think those who were talking up selling off the BBC and bits of the NHS just a few months ago have gone very quiet. When this is all over the unarguable benefits of having a proper public service broadcaster and a 'free to all' health service should be plain to see by everyone.
The BBC are no different to the other broadcasters , and trust in the mainstream media is understandably slipping.
This virus won't change anything in that respect.

The BBC are no different to the other broadcasters , and trust in the mainstream media is understandably slipping.
This virus won't change anything in that respect.

Trust is slipping because fake news sites such as Breitbart and the Mail/Sun are chasing clicks, and shouting that the ilk of the beeb are in fact lying to you - which is utter tosh.

Trump and Brexit changed things. People listened to the news and stories they wanted to listen to rather than the actual (and frankly more boring) truth.

Trust is slipping because fake news sites such as Breitbart and the Mail/Sun are chasing clicks, and shouting that the ilk of the beeb are in fact lying to you - which is utter tosh.

Trump and Brexit changed things. People listened to the news and stories they wanted to listen to rather than the actual (and frankly more boring) truth.

That's your opinion , nothing more.

I think thats the issue - we might be being ASKED to do that, but we are not being TOLD to do it.

The statement is only travel to work if essential and you can't work from home. Define essential ? He hasn't so people are using their interpretation.

A couple of doors down the Gardner has just turned up to the cut their grass. essential ? In the national interest ? No. Although in his interpretation he needs to earn the money to feed his family so 100% essential.

We need clear direction and Johnson is sat on the fence choosing his words very carefully.

I think Australia’s PM (Scott Morrison) got it right today.

Like UK, we have gone closer to a “lockdown” and a lot of non-essential (mainly leisure) industries have been told to close. Sports, pubs n clubs, dine in restaurants, beauty salons, gyms etc. All these industries encourage or force people to congregate for no reason other than leisure. They are all now closed.

But all the rest, he has labelled “essential” in that they are needed to keep the economy going and to keep people in jobs.

So apart from the essential jobs like power supply, shops, health, police, maintenance, supply jobs etc. Also the gardener, accountant, carpenter, window cleaner, etc are essential and don’t require or encourage close contact.

Everyone’s job is essential to them and to the greater national economy. Just need to be sensible about the distancing and hygiene.

Australia’s internal state borders are now also closed and all non essential travel banned.

That's your opinion , nothing more.

I'm afraid it's true, and can be evidenced as such.

https://www.snopes.com/news/2016/08/07/breitbart-duped-by-fake-news-again/

There are myriad times stuff like the above has been published, but all you mouth breathers just repeat is fake news fake news fake news.

Why for example to you believe the world is round, gravity is real, or that the sun is the centre of the solar system? Are you an anti vaxxer? Are you a 911 denier, a birther?

Can anyone else add in any other ridiculous conspiracy theories that old VG would believe given he believes fake news?

That, and the fact that it could have been Corbyn standing there.

That's a cheap and pointless shot. I was trying to make a positive point for people to listen to the voices that they find acceptable and trustworthy. I personally find Johnson without authority and conviction but am happy if he does it for others.

I think Australia’s PM (Scott Morrison) got it right today.

Like UK, we have gone closer to a “lockdown” and a lot of non-essential (mainly leisure) industries have been told to close. Sports, pubs n clubs, dine in restaurants, beauty salons, gyms etc. All these industries encourage or force people to congregate for no reason other than leisure. They are all now closed.

But all the rest, he has labelled “essential” in that they are needed to keep the economy going and to keep people in jobs.

So apart from the essential jobs like power supply, shops, health, police, maintenance, supply jobs etc. Also the gardener, accountant, carpenter, window cleaner, etc are essential and don’t require or encourage close contact.

Everyone’s job is essential to them and to the greater national economy. Just need to be sensible about the distancing and hygiene.

Australia’s internal state borders are now also closed and all non essential travel banned.

Internal state borders an interesting one OSK. That and your sheer land mass make for different equations. The first tiny steps out of this may involve regional and local changing of rules which will involve some serious admin and planning in super centralised UK. All countries watching one another for indicators on the way forward and praying potential first small signs of lockdown effects in Italy.

I'm afraid it's true, and can be evidenced as such.

https://www.snopes.com/news/2016/08/07/breitbart-duped-by-fake-news-again/

There are myriad times stuff like the above has been published, but all you mouth breathers just repeat is fake news fake news fake news.

Why for example to you believe the world is round, gravity is real, or that the sun is the centre of the solar system? Are you an anti vaxxer? Are you a 911 denier, a birther?

Can anyone else add in any other ridiculous conspiracy theories that old VG would believe given he believes fake news?
I sometimes wonder what makes these nutters tick. Anyone worked it out yet? I'm bemused by them. That anti vaccine sh#t is a shocker.

I sometimes wonder what makes these nutters tick. Anyone worked it out yet? I'm bemused by them. That anti vaccine sh#t is a shocker.

The anti vaccine stuff is shocking but way too many intelligent people have chosen to believe it from every part of the political spectrum. I'm assuming they will line up for the Covid 19 vaccine when it becomes available..... surely.

Dunning Kruger for me, of which the main issue has to be the inability to think critically. If I had fewer morals I'd probably make a living the way that Piers Morgan, Brewer, Hopkins, Farridge, and other pound shop Enoch Powells do these days.

Console yourself with the thought that others have stepped up to the mark. Sunak, Hancock (I never thought I'd say that)and even Eustice have greater depths than previously revealed.

Agree about Hancock. I`d previously thought of him as soppy and without substance. The last fortnight has, IMO, seen him in a different light and i`ve changed my opinion of him for the better. I`ve always thought highly of Sunak and still believe that he will be our next PM. To be fair, politicians, across all parties, are showing maturity and acting in concert; it`s creating a welcome, even if peculiar, edifying image.

The anti vaccine stuff is shocking but way too many intelligent people have chosen to believe it from every part of the political spectrum. I'm assuming they will line up for the Covid 19 vaccine when it becomes available..... surely.
Yes. When my kids were small and getting all the vaccs the stupid middle class "yummy mummies" were listening to that criminal Wakefield and avoiding the MMR ones.

Media gave 50/50 coverage for so called "balance" between Wakefield and the rest of the world's health community. The rot set in.
Also an example of where giving equal credence to both sides of an argument can be totally wrong.