Johnson on TV tonight | Page 2 | Vital Football

Johnson on TV tonight

Evidently that is one of the major issues they have been struggling with.
If all self employed are posting accounts then they would need to pay tax in advance (twice a year) based on last years tax against pay. The need to pay advance tax now has been suspended. At least this would handle most of the situation as everthibg is logged with hmrc.

The two problems are 1, creative accounts show very small taxable income and 2, earnings are simply not submitted to hmrc.
That last bit is what I was (somewhat tongue in cheek) alluding to.

One point from his speech, it appears that coffee shops must close but shops selling "essentials" can stay open. That's a contradiction in terms isn't it????

That last bit is what I was (somewhat tongue in cheek) alluding to.

One point from his speech, it appears that coffee shops must close but shops selling "essentials" can stay open. That's a contradiction in terms isn't it????

In NYS liquor stores have been designated "essential".

Let us assume all the worst things that have been said about Boris on here are true, especially that he only wanted to be PM to be PM and play at being Churchill. Well, he's got his heart's desire in spades, hasn't he? And if that isn't enough for the historical ironists and natural justice types among us, we can add that we all now have a massive stake in him rising to the occasion. The joke's on him, but it's also on us.

I thought he did well tonight, and for all of those of us old enough to remember that personal morality and political morality can be two different things, this is not very surprising. It's time to stop chipping away at him and to start backing him, just like with Mr. Evans.

Of course, in the US, we have a leader who is hinting at going the other way in two weeks. If evidence that getting the public policy right matters does not appear by then and people seem to be dying in the same sorts of numbers no matter which approach governments are taking, he's suggesting that we might as well lift restrictions, limit damage to the economy and carry on. I'm not sure he's thought this through in terms of how a swamped health system and a terrified/depressed public affect economic performance.

A suggestion for others who just can't take Johnson more seriously than he takes himself. Console yourself with the thought that others have stepped up to the mark. Sunak, Hancock (I never thought I'd say that)and even Eustice have greater depths than previously revealed. In addition the really useless and poisonous have departed the stage.

Come on lads ffs, some of our Grandparents fought in a war for this country, all we're being asked to do is sit on the sofa for a small period of time (that's if we all stick to it).

I think thats the issue - we might be being ASKED to do that, but we are not being TOLD to do it.

The statement is only travel to work if essential and you can't work from home. Define essential ? He hasn't so people are using their interpretation.

A couple of doors down the Gardner has just turned up to the cut their grass. essential ? In the national interest ? No. Although in his interpretation he needs to earn the money to feed his family so 100% essential.

We need clear direction and Johnson is sat on the fence choosing his words very carefully.

Evidently that is one of the major issues they have been struggling with.
If all self employed are posting accounts then they would need to pay tax in advance (twice a year) based on last years tax against pay. The need to pay advance tax now has been suspended. At least this would handle most of the situation as everthibg is logged with hmrc.

The two problems are 1, creative accounts show very small taxable income and 2, earnings are simply not submitted to hmrc.

Well that will teach them for taking the piss then.

A suggestion for others who just can't take Johnson more seriously than he takes himself. Console yourself with the thought that others have stepped up to the mark. Sunak, Hancock (I never thought I'd say that)and even Eustice have greater depths than previously revealed. In addition the really useless and poisonous have departed the stage.

That, and the fact that it could have been Corbyn standing there.

A couple of doors down the Gardner has just turned up to the cut their grass. essential ? In the national interest ? No. Although in his interpretation he needs to earn the money to feed his family so 100% essential.

But the gardener doesn't need to have any contact with the client, and can social distance. That would seem to be zero risk to me, it's not like a clothes shop or hairdresser where the interaction is nearer.

But the gardener doesn't need to have any contact with the client, and can social distance. That would seem to be zero risk to me, it's not like a clothes shop or hairdresser where the interaction is nearer.

True if you take a risk assessment approach.

I guess we can't say the same about the trades who work indoors.