Johnson on TV tonight | Page 7 | Vital Football

Johnson on TV tonight

Are we in lockdown? How do we even define the word? This is why Mr Johnson (as I am being told I must refer to him) has been keen to avoid the word. Why are the public so obsessed with the word?
All over social media I see questions like "So? Are we in lockdown now?" What does it matter what we call it, the restrictions are quite clear, we just need to stick to them or use common sense or ask when we're not sure.
My colleague is divorced and his kids live with his ex. According to government advice, he's allowed to still have his kids on his weekends off but has decided that as they have been isolating with their mum (no symptoms), they will be better off staying with her. That's a massive sacrifice but he has applied common sense for the good of himself, his kids and the general public. Maybe some others need to do the same.
As mentioned above, there are constant complaints about the state telling us what to do, now all we get is "they should have put us into.lockdown weeks ago".
This is seriously starting to grip my sh*t

Completely agree and well done to your colleague. One caveat: some people struggle to process information/act on it/control themselves. They need a firmer hand but you know more about that than I. They need a government authority telling them repeatedly what to do/not due simply and firmly with no room for interpretation. If that doesn't work on to action for the dwindling minority. Tiresome for the rest of us but necessary

Today, people sunbathing on Shepards Bush common and having to be dispersed by police having to use megaphones telling them to go home.You really couldn't make this shit up. Think its time the police started shooting the dumb/stupid and selfish. Put them out of their misery and save the lives if the vulnerable at the same time.
Blimey, that's a bit of an escalation 😂

My wife had an asthma attack a couple of months ago where her inhalers did nothing, she needed 3 nebuliser runs at the hospital to save her.
The worry now is the local pharmacy has run out of the brown preventative inhaler, and so has the supply warehouse. People who haven't used an inhaler for years have suddenly been getting a prescription and stripped the supply.

I did and so did some of my colleagues back in November/December, dry hacking cough, fever followed by a few days of tiredness and severe aching joints. One even had severe breathing difficulties. We all put it down to a dose of man flu as it only lasted for about a week from start to finish and most of us regularly have the flu jab.

I remember lots of people having that cough at the end of the last year. It got really annoying at work. No one had fever though. We have talked at work on whether this was covid-19

My wife had an asthma attack a couple of months ago where her inhalers did nothing, she needed 3 nebuliser runs at the hospital to save her.
The worry now is the local pharmacy has run out of the brown preventative inhaler, and so has the supply warehouse. People who haven't used an inhaler for years have suddenly been getting a prescription and stripped the supply.
My last asthma attack, I was admitted overnight to hospital. Before being allowed to go home I was checked by a doctor who gave me a course of Montelukast. Because my medicines were not made available after waiting 5 hours in the 'departure' lounge, I insisted they were delivered to my house the following day and I departed in the damp and rain, needing to take my blue inhaler several times before getting home. Initially, I didn't take the Montelukast, because the odd infrequent puff of the blue inhaler was adequate. However, on visiting my asthma nurse after a couple of months, she told me off! So I began taking Montelukast and after approx. one day, I have never needed to take my blue inhaler since. In addition, although I don't 'push' it, I now find I can walk reasonable distances again, whereas I had to stop and take a breather after 50 yards. I've been out digging the garden over on this last couple of days - again something I couldn't have done before. I have now requested and had it sanctioned that I have it as a constant repeat prescription.
So - I would suggest you ask your medic to consider treating your wife with it. It could give her a new 'lease' of life and return some confidence and happiness again.

I remember lots of people having that cough at the end of the last year. It got really annoying at work. No one had fever though. We have talked at work on whether this was covid-19
I've heard from others that they had coughs and flu-like symptoms around that time. However, if it was significant I think the authorities would have pounced on it because they are very keen to see such people as it would help in creating a vaccine. A bit of a conspiracy theory perhaps

I've heard from others that they had coughs and flu-like symptoms around that time. However, if it was significant I think the authorities would have pounced on it because they are very keen to see such people as it would help in creating a vaccine. A bit of a conspiracy theory perhaps
They would only be able to pounce if people had sought treatment for it (ie, been to the doctors) otherwise they'd have known nothing about it.
I didn't go, neither did any of my colleagues as we just put it down to man flu. We are regularly having our rest breaks in smallish rooms and things like that go round quite regularly and are often dismissed as "something going round at work." Can't speak for others obviously.
Not sure how you think its a conspiracy theory. All we've ever stated is that it could possibly have been here earlier than the first positive test due to an account by a virologist from China who had seen cases similar to COVID-19 back in August 2019. As you say though, the new test will be great as those who have been ill may have antibodies if they were indeed COVID-19.

My last asthma attack, I was admitted overnight to hospital. Before being allowed to go home I was checked by a doctor who gave me a course of Montelukast. Because my medicines were not made available after waiting 5 hours in the 'departure' lounge, I insisted they were delivered to my house the following day and I departed in the damp and rain, needing to take my blue inhaler several times before getting home. Initially, I didn't take the Montelukast, because the odd infrequent puff of the blue inhaler was adequate. However, on visiting my asthma nurse after a couple of months, she told me off! So I began taking Montelukast and after approx. one day, I have never needed to take my blue inhaler since. In addition, although I don't 'push' it, I now find I can walk reasonable distances again, whereas I had to stop and take a breather after 50 yards. I've been out digging the garden over on this last couple of days - again something I couldn't have done before. I have now requested and had it sanctioned that I have it as a constant repeat prescription.
So - I would suggest you ask your medic to consider treating your wife with it. It could give her a new 'lease' of life and return some confidence and happiness again.

Montelukast is brilliant. My 7 year old daughter has acute asthma and is on Montelukast and a steroid inhaler, but it's the montelukast that keeps her Asthma under control. If she misses taking her steroid inhaler we can control it by upping doses of her blue inhaler, but miss her montelukast daily doses and we invariably end up in hospital within 24 hours, especially between the months of September-April when the weather is damp and colder.

Last edited: