John Sheridan | Vital Football

John Sheridan

Extremely bizzare and would be a catastrophic appointment for any league one club as his track record is nowhere near the standard. But it's short term so hopefully it's just to fill rules and give us some form of experience until a takeover is done. Unless we somehow win all their games.

Had a quick look at record. More poor spells than Ron Weasley. Feels like another move in the sabotage of Wigan.
He was at Oldham other year when we got promoted with cook. An he left a few months into season Rock bottom of league If I remember rightly.

Such a strange appointment, and I don't get why he left a job to come here. That in itself raises alarms ... he knows our situation, right?! His record isn't great, but at the same time, if he was that bad, why have Oldham had him back five times?! Bizarre appointment though, who made it and why?

That said though, he is the new manager, so he's got my backing. Good luck to him, but I doubt he'll be here for long

Just don't get this from any angle.
Why not let Richardson carry on for no extra cash ? Who's signing the players ?
Just generally WTF is going on ?

Been some very strange things done at this club over the last few mths. This one is up there with them Like some one said who is doing the hiring

The Chinese ripped the heart out of the club now Krasner is having a kick about with it playing a game of football chairman. If they had new owners lined up and had any intention of selling the club soon then they wouldn’t be appointing Sheridan, it’s clear they’re milking it for as much money as they can.

I'm just thinking who the hell do fans want has manager all together. As someone has stated he's left a job to help us out the days of attracting half decent managers are gone back the team and the manager for crying out loud

I'm just thinking who the hell do fans want has manager all together. As someone has stated he's left a job to help us out the days of attracting half decent managers are gone back the team and the manager for crying out loud
Will support the team who wear the shirt of my club all day every day.
Will not support anyone appointed by Krasner and his chums - tainted IMO

The is a million one people who fans would have preferred to this guy who aren't over ambitious choices. I mean I already mentioned Caldwell above. He would of jumped at chance and least he has been at the club and knows all about the club. If not him then give a former player who wants to get into management a chance with it. I think the fans would be a lot more happier with that especially if the player was a really popular one. I mean I would prefer Graham barrow back or Ray mathias than this guy. We are probably going to go down who ever we hire and due to our current position we are currently looking at the bottom of the barrel for managers. So why not hire someone who has been a part of wigan and knows the club. Least then you know that they are here for the club and not just because they can't get any other jobs in English league because they have failed so many times.