John Sheridan | Page 3 | Vital Football

John Sheridan

I'm stuck for words on this one think it's a stop gap until something happens or doesnt
Anyway good luck John and welcome

Yeah.....what Bicky said.....

not what I’d expected or hoped for but ....hope he succeeds

Read a couple of articles about Sheridan's time at Waterford, apparently he got job after previous manager quit due to club being in something of a financial crisis after the Covid lockdown with many employees made redundant by email.

Apparently he took over a very weak side in a bit of turmoil and stabilised the club. He had 7 league games, 3 wins, 2 draws and 2 loses plus 1 cup game he lost and leaves them in 4th in the league. In a bit of a mirror of us last season his record wouldve been a more impressive 5 wins and 2 draws with no loses in the league if it wasnt for conceding late goals.

He caused a lot of outrage by allegedly saying the Irish League was at pub level. He denied it but it seemed to have caused a bit of a backlash to him which I think has made him and the club happy to part ways despite him doing decent on the pitch. Fans opinion was mixed between those who thought he did a good job and those who thought he was a twat. Seemed like those happy to see the back of him were more based on personal dislike rather than thinking he had done a poor job.

So it appears he was actually doing a decent job under difficult circumstances. When it comes to landing at a crisis club with no money, no ability to sign players and inheriting a total mess he's very experienced. He's not a long term appointment but as a short term he's probably better suited to dealing with our situation than managers with better CVs who haven't been in the trenches as frequently as Sheridan. He seems a bit like what Alladyce is in the Prem in L1 - good to keep you up on short term deal but not the type to push you on.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.irishexaminer.com/sport/soccer/arid-40046555.html?type=amp

He may well be the only Manager we've ever had that has played in one World Cup finals let alone two. Lots of experience in game and sounds like Richardson wanted him as we didn't have the right quota of qualified staff with correct qualifications.

Truly dreadful news for John and Darren Sheridan to have lost both there parents over Christmas so so sad it's a cruel world