John Sheridan | Page 2 | Vital Football

John Sheridan

As long as Richardson did as it was reported and asked/recommended Sheridan to help him out then I am ok with his short term appointment and will be behind him.In fact fair play to Sheridan to want to come into such a tough situation.
He did well at Oldham and not so well at the likes of Chesterfield to name just 1.If his appointment was by our (hopefully)new owner,thus long term,then I would be more critical of it as I feel there would be better options out there.But it isn't,so lets just give him a chance.

Must be a bud of the administration
No, hes a mate of Richardson or Cooke.
Give the bloke a chance.
I really do despair, here we are just about keeping our head above water and all a lot of fans can do is slate the new manager, appointed only today who has not even said anything yet and has walked into a club in turmoil having managed for 650 games in about the level we are at.
Whoever got appointed wouldn't have been deemed good enough so he's on a loser from day one.
Well done Latics fans, doing their utmost to make a critical situation even worse with their juvenile tantrums

He'll get my full backing because I desperately want us to succeed, however we must be offering him more money than Chesterfield are currently paying him, money we can't currently afford. I could understand this if he had some fantastic record with clubs in our position, however he doesn't seem to have this. Hopefully it is Richardson who requested this, but I can't help thinking that Richardson has shown the ability to do this on his own and would love to have given him a try!

All things said though, Good luck John and welcome to the club!😬

He'll get my full backing because I desperately want us to succeed, however we must be offering him more money than Chesterfield are currently paying him, money we can't currently afford. I could understand this if he had some fantastic record with clubs in our position, however he doesn't seem to have this. Hopefully it is Richardson who requested this, but I can't help thinking that Richardson has shown the ability to do this on his own and would love to have given him a try!

All things said though, Good luck John and welcome to the club!😬

Not Chesterfield Skem Tic

"In July 2020 Sheridan was named manager of League of Ireland Premier Division club Waterford F.C "

I heard one of the reasons he was appointed was we didn't have the minimum number of coaching staff required by the EFL so they had to bring someone in. Richardson didn't want to be manager so rather than bring on a coach to work under him they got in a manager for him to work for. No idea if that's true.

I imagine there werent many willing to come under the circumstances plus admin and Richardson both seemed want want someone they knew. Anyone turning their nose up at him I understand in one sense but I am not sure anyone who we'd like would come in on minimal wage without a proper contract to deal with our crisis.

Sheridan has a mixed record as a manager but he has a bit of a history of coming into crisis clubs on the brink of relegation and keeping them up against the odds - he did that with Plymouth, Fleetwood and about 3 times with Oldham. He seems to be one of these managers who is a short term fire fighter, suited to in inheriting a mess and fighting the club clear of relegation. But after he steadies the ship and averts the imminent crisis starts to struggles. So he may not be a bad shout to take us on for the short term crisis management role.

If we werent in this mess he wouldn't have been anywhere near the job but we are and he is one of the few mad / brave enough to come in and have a go at the impossible task - so I think you just have to give him a chance before being down on him.

Richardson not got his coaching badges And EFL. Wanted you us to get a manager. Before they would let us kick off. That’s why it was a rush and as Grayson no

Sheridan gets into far too many barneys for my liking and his track record is dreadful.

Obviously the goal this season is to not completely shit our pants in embarrassment, with a secondary goal of staying up in League 1. And I get that options are limited. But even by this terrible and improbable situation, this is a bad appointment.

Would love to revise this opinion and he does get my backing for now.

We are a club on chemotherapy, fighting for our existence/future.
It is in our interest to support the players and support staff, no matter if we win or loose.
Good luck John you are on U Boat WA, which is on the bottom of the ocean slowly running out of air. Your job is to get those air compressors working, so we can blow the water out of the balast tanks, so U WA can rise, and see daylight again. The task is immense, but if you succeed you will be awarded the iron cross first class with swords and diamonds, presented by our great leader in 6 inch high heels Lisa Namdy.
Good Luck to all on U WA.

I'm stuck for words on this one think it's a stop gap until something happens or doesnt
Anyway good luck John and welcome

Think he can fall out with any one. Think. He is in the Paul Cook mould. This is also his last chance. After so many failures. So could work out