Johan Lange Thread | Page 26 | Vital Football

Johan Lange Thread

Tell ya what, since one of the three academies is Aston Villa's. You go by what you're sure of and what you heard and I will continue to be guided by what Lange does.

I was going by what was posted on here in the restructure thread -(In Answer to my Question "do we actually own these overseas academies") Which one of the academies is owned outright by Aston Villa then ?

Last edited:
He's employed by V Sports. Does V Sports having less to do with Vittoria mean Sawiris is being demoted?

Actually, don't answer.

Not sure.
But that's the way these things go - a big announcement everyone gets really excited - 'yeah we are getting first pick of xxxx club youth players'

Then it slowly dwindles into nothing - and one day were not even associated with said club any more .

the clue is in the words. Sawaris investment in this club is reducing . Just like Langes role with AVFC

You know full well why its reducing. To comply with EUFA rules. No other reason as far as i can see. Im no fanboy or Lange either. However Unai has proved some of the players that were brought in can play a bit after all.

I was going by what was posted on here in the restructure thread -(In Answer to my Question "do we actually own these overseas academies") Which one of the academies is owned outright by Aston Villa then ?

The AVFC Academy manager has a reporting line to Lange so he will have some oversight, probably to bring in the players he identifies from Egypt and Senegal. Can't find anything on Senegal but for FZ Zed Nas' brother said this:

“We have reached an initial agreement with Aston Villa, and we will send a number of young players to spend some time there, to learn about the European system,”

Owned caught me out admittedy, but he still has a role with the AVFC academy anyway. Guess I will know if he thinks it's better than working directly with the 1st team if he leaves to become DoF somewhere else.