January Window | Page 91 | Vital Football

January Window

I would be staggered if Akpom could make the step up to 5 EPL goals a season let alone 10.

Vydra had a far better record and never cut it in the EPL.

The GK feels like a last option Hail Mary. He could be better than what we have… but on paper Vlachodimos is surely more exciting and we all know how that turned out.

As for the rest - Mangala deal looks good. And personally, I’m not terrified for us if we lose him. I believe Danilo can make the step up.

Sad to see Aurier go but anyone else out the door, thanks and all the best.

Can anyone explain to me how Bournemouth, who had a PL wage bill in the championship for two seasons, and have spent £180m without selling anyone, are passing P&S?
Lower wages and overheads, players signed over longer contracts, parachute payment in the Championship and higher tolerance because of only one season in the Championship. Any combination would do it but long term it isn’t necessarily sustainable.

Not weird at all. The option is being described as a formality
£10m for loan. If Lyon do not get relegated they cough up another £15m. If they do Mangala comes back to Forest and we pocket the £10m. Lyon also have to split the money to fit French ffp. Seems a good deal to me. Win win.

It’s whether we think £10m for our player of the season so far is worth it in a relegation fight.

It’s whether we think £10m for our player of the season so far is worth it in a relegation fight.
That’s the issue I have but the deal itself is superb. Reports are saying that we intended to try to balance the books so someone had to go and Mangala was the player we got bids for…

I did think we would go after one more signing but it does now look like we are done. Although that could be famous last words…