January Window | Vital Football

January Window

finbar70

Vital Football Hero
Realistic thoughts on player arrivals

I’ll start - Jonas Wind CF, Podence winger, Navas or De Gea, and likely Nino

We just need to upgrade our goalie situation but this only happens if we can offload one. Otherwise Wind, Podence, Nino

We shouldn't really be signing anyone other than on loan. We've done enough of that already.

We surely can't afford the Awoniyi replacement everyone is harping on about unless we actually sell Awoniyi?

We shouldn't really be signing anyone other than on loan. We've done enough of that already.

We surely can't afford the Awoniyi replacement everyone is harping on about unless we actually sell Awoniyi?
I do see 2 of 3 as loans, but with offloading our current loans, Horvarth, Mckenna, Scarpa, potentially Worrall those wage cuts and smaller fees help to fund a purchase also

I'd love to go for the striker in Germany i know that Man U are sniffing but £15m ish is a good deal.

We can get money for scarpa, worrall and maybe mckenns and send three loan players back to free wages.

Agreed Pope we must be perilously close to falling foul of FFP as we had to sell Johnno to finance some of the summer signings, so can't see any additions of the calibre required arriving without someone being sold unless as you say we get someone decent on loan.

If we do have a change of manager I would look seriously at bringing Dennis back to plug the gap when Awoniyi is out. I did see that Awoniyi is back running but still could be a while away from a return

Agreed Pope we must be perilously close to falling foul of FFP as we had to sell Johnno to finance some of the summer signings, so can't see any additions of the calibre required arriving without someone being sold unless as you say we get someone decent on loan.

If we do have a change of manager I would look seriously at bringing Dennis back to plug the gap when Awoniyi is out. I did see that Awoniyi is back running but still could be a while away from a return
I'm not even confident of Awoniyi playing more than another 5 games for us.

Contrary to what I thought (4 months) it now looks like he may be fit to go to the AFCON. I bet he isn't fit to play for us before that, or if he is it will be a couple of appearances at most.

You can bet your house that he'll get injured again at the AFCON, probably another 3 monther

Dennis is a **** and absolute dogshit, but Wood and Origi aren't fit to pick the peanuts out of his shit.

Unless the manager has control of how he spends the budget we will still be a joke in the wndow, as we have been for 20 years. I think anyt manager now has the same issues, players bought from the owner, 15 recruitment staff and the dinner lady

Unless the manager has control of how he spends the budget we will still be a joke in the wndow, as we have been for 20 years. I think anyt manager now has the same issues, players bought from the owner, 15 recruitment staff and the dinner lady
It seems though that Cooper wanted Wood, Ayew, Shelvey and Williams. That is a considerable amount of money spent for little return so understandable as to why the club want to insure themselves against further failures by doing it differently. Did he see Wood as the answer to Awoniyi's AFCON absence? I hope not.

I would hope there is a joint approach to further recruitment as bringing in players that the manager doesn't want or like is also a poor strategy.

It seems though that Cooper wanted Wood, Ayew, Shelvey and Williams. That is a considerable amount of money spent for little return so understandable as to why the club want to insure themselves against further failures by doing it differently. Did he see Wood as the answer to Awoniyi's AFCON absence? I hope not.

I would hope there is a joint approach to further recruitment as bringing in players that the manager doesn't want or like is also a poor strategy.
Ayew was free, to be fair.

I'm not even confident of Awoniyi playing more than another 5 games for us.

Contrary to what I thought (4 months) it now looks like he may be fit to go to the AFCON. I bet he isn't fit to play for us before that, or if he is it will be a couple of appearances at most.

You can bet your house that he'll get injured again at the AFCON, probably another 3 monther
Nigeria name a provisional squad of 40 for AFCON. Awoniyi not on list. Dennis is.

Fuck off all the loans, sell Worrall, McKenna, Scarpa and put everything we’ve got into a new striker or I fear we could be doomed in what is arguably the weakest Prem League in years. We’re looking like this seasons Leeds and Luton could well be us from last year. We need someone to lead the line in the absence of Awoniyi and ultimately replace him because he’s made of biscuits.

Fuck off all the loans, sell Worrall, McKenna, Scarpa and put everything we’ve got into a new striker or I fear we could be doomed in what is arguably the weakest Prem League in years. We’re looking like this seasons Leeds and Luton could well be us from last year. We need someone to lead the line in the absence of Awoniyi and ultimately replace him because he’s made of biscuits.
Or, in the absence of a striker, we need to actually offer some bloody threat from set plays. We've got big lads in the team, we should be doing far better from corners and free kicks than we do. I'd welcome nicking 3 points here and there by staying tight and sending the big lads up for a corner, especially if we are struggling to score from open play without Taiwo.

Or, in the absence of a striker, we need to actually offer some bloody threat from set plays. We've got big lads in the team, we should be doing far better from corners and free kicks than we do. I'd welcome nicking 3 points here and there by staying tight and sending the big lads up for a corner, especially if we are struggling to score from open play without Taiwo.
Bloody strange that we’ve just appointed the set piece coach who was evidently Coops choice over some charva Marinakis wanted and now Coops has been binned. Agreed though, our return from set pieces is absolutely woeful.

Scarpa gone for 4.3m.

Now for McKenna and Worrall hopefully for similar fees, all loans going back, Horvarth, Hennessey, and possibly Kouyate this window.

Nino, CF, winger and maybe if its doable a goalie

Scarpa £4:3m McK perhaps another £2m as out of contract. Hardly enough. Striker priority but loan more likely. Deals in summer. EM wrote off £11m debt earlier this week so some money available but not mega.

Perhaps Andre Silva loan from Leipzig. Presently on loan at Real Soc. think he will give Vach the gloves.