January Window | Vital Football

January Window

SaskPool

Vital Football Legend
Rangers goalkeeper Jak Alnwick is in talks with Blackpool to make his loan move to the League One outfit permanent as reported by Football Insider.
Alnwick has been in great form since he arrived on a season-long loan at Bloomfield Road in July. The twenty-six-year-old is a free agent in the summer, and the report claims Rangers will be open to offers in January rather than risk losing the player for free at the end of the campaign.
Alnwick has started all nineteen of the Seasiders league matches and conceded just twenty-two goals to help them to fourth place in the League One table.

The former England Under-20 international has made just eleven appearances for Rangers since former manager Mark Warburton signed him from Port Vale in January 2017. However, he’s failed to make his mark at the Gers and spent last season on loan at Scunthorpe United, making forty-three outings.
The former Newcastle trainee is the brother of Bolton Wanderers keeper Ben Alnwick.
Our View
Many Blackpool fans will be delighted if manager Simon Grayson gets a deal for Alnwick over the line.

Some feel he is the best keeper they’ve has since their stay in the Premier League, and a permanent deal would be a real statement of intent from the Seasiders.
Once the window opens, there could be competition for his signature, but we expect this one to happen.

Last edited by a moderator:
Rangers will offload Jak Alnwick for good next summer if they cannot agree a deal to sell him in January, Football Insider can reveal. Steven Gerrard has no plans to reintroduce him into the Light Blues squad despite his starring role on loan at Blackpool this season. Ibrox sources have told Football Insider that the goalkeeper has no future at Rangers and will be allowed to leave on a free at the end of the season if a permanent deal next month can’t be agreed. One source said that Alnwick has “played his last game” for the club”.

Blackpool manager Simon Grayson has hinted that he would be interested in a January move for Sunderland outcast Aiden McGeady.

By Mark Donnelly

Friday, 13th December 2019, 4:38 pm

btnClose.png

Grayson has previously worked with McGeady at the Stadium of Light and at former club Preston, and remained tight-lipped on his interest in the 33-year-old.
But with the winger free to leave Wearside in January – and with Blackpool looking to bolster their ranks ahead of a potential promotion push – there is a belief that Grayson could be tempted to move for McGeady once the transfer window opens.
Indeed, the Blackpool chief was full of praise for the Sunderland star when quizzed on his potential interest in a deal.
RFC%20SAFC%20McGEADY%202.jpg
Sunderland ace Aiden McGeady is free to leave the Stadium of Light in January

“I’ve said many a time that McGeady is probably one of the most talented players I’ve worked with during all my time as a manager,” said Grayson, while speaking to the Blackpool Gazette.
“Some of the things he could do on the training pitch, some of the things he could do in match-day situations - both at Preston and at times at Sunderland - showed what a fantastic player he is.
“What a career he has had at Premier League level, he was out in Russia and he’s had nearly 100 caps for Ireland as well. He’s a fantastic player.
"Would he want to come here and would I want him to come here? You know me, I’m not going to answer that am I?”

McGeady will not be involved when Grayson returns to the Stadium of Light with the Seasiders on Saturday, December 14.

I also hear that Mickey Walsh, Bob Hatton, Stan McEwan, John Burridge and Mickey Burns have put pen to paper for a January return....

Blackpool manager Simon Grayson has hinted that he would be interested in a January move for Sunderland outcast Aiden McGeady.

By Mark Donnelly

Friday, 13th December 2019, 4:38 pm

btnClose.png

Grayson has previously worked with McGeady at the Stadium of Light and at former club Preston, and remained tight-lipped on his interest in the 33-year-old.
But with the winger free to leave Wearside in January – and with Blackpool looking to bolster their ranks ahead of a potential promotion push – there is a belief that Grayson could be tempted to move for McGeady once the transfer window opens.
Indeed, the Blackpool chief was full of praise for the Sunderland star when quizzed on his potential interest in a deal.
RFC%20SAFC%20McGEADY%202.jpg
Sunderland ace Aiden McGeady is free to leave the Stadium of Light in January

“I’ve said many a time that McGeady is probably one of the most talented players I’ve worked with during all my time as a manager,” said Grayson, while speaking to the Blackpool Gazette.
“Some of the things he could do on the training pitch, some of the things he could do in match-day situations - both at Preston and at times at Sunderland - showed what a fantastic player he is.
“What a career he has had at Premier League level, he was out in Russia and he’s had nearly 100 caps for Ireland as well. He’s a fantastic player.
"Would he want to come here and would I want him to come here? You know me, I’m not going to answer that am I?”

McGeady will not be involved when Grayson returns to the Stadium of Light with the Seasiders on Saturday, December 14.

Not for me, we need to build for the future we need players with something to prove not the likes of McGeady and Adam who are just looking to prolong their careers for a pretty sum.