January Window | Page 14 | Vital Football

January Window

Blackpool Football Club has agreed to sign Ben Garrity from Northern Premier League Premier Division side Warrington Town.
The 21-year-old arrives at Bloomfield Road on an 18-month contract which includes an option for a further year.
An all-action, goalscoring midfielder, Garrity has hit doubles figures for Warrington Town this term, having previously helped the Yellows to divisional play-off success last season.

Manager Simon Grayson said:
“Ben is a player who was flagged up to us several months ago and somebody we have monitored and scouted very closely ever since. He’s scored a good number of goals from midfield and we’re looking forward to him now continuing his development with us. He’s worked hard to reach this point and is determined to make the most of his chance in professional football.”
Ben Garrity said:
“I’m made up and buzzing to be here. I just want to start off, get my foot in the door and get involved with the lads. This is a full-time opportunity to play football now and I need to get my head down, get fitter, stronger and do everything I can to continue improving my game.”

Blackpool Football Club has agreed to sign Ben Garrity from Northern Premier League Premier Division side Warrington Town.

The 21-year-old arrives at Bloomfield Road on an 18-month contract which includes an option for a further year.

An all-action, goalscoring midfielder, Garrity has hit doubles figures for Warrington Town this term, having previously helped the Yellows to divisional play-off success last season.

Can't remember when we last saw so much activity in a transfer window. I find it difficult to get too excited as I suspect the man who brought them in might not be around long enough to develop them or blend them into a unit. Individually they look interesting prospects.

Blackpool Football Club can confirm that Curtis Tilt has tonight agreed to join Rotherham United for an undisclosed fee.

The defender, whose contract was due to expire in the summer, moved to Bloomfield Road from Wrexham in 2017 and went on to make 111 appearances for the Seasiders.

The Club would like to thank Curtis for his efforts and wish him well for the future.

From RUFC O/S

It's no secret that Rotherham United had pursued the signature of Curtis Tilt during the summer, but having finally made the switch to South Yorkshire from fellow Sky Bet League One side Blackpool, the defender can't wait to get going.

With former Tangerines teammates already on the books with the Millers, Tilt admits that Clark Robertson and Kyle Vassell assisted in selling the club to him prior to him signing the relevant paperwork.

"I'm delighted to get this one over the line. It's been a long day, but hopefully I get to meet the lads on Saturday and see what it's all about," the defender enthused.

"It's nice to know that you're wanted by people and that gives you a good feeling when you arrive, but to be honest, I tried to just stay out of it all whilst the two clubs concentrated on the business side of things.

"There's a couple of my former teammates here and it will be good to meet up with both of them. I still keep in close contact with Clark and Vass anyway, and I played together with Robbo at Blackpool where we had a solid partnership.

"Kyle Vassell is in form at the moment too, scoring goals, and you can see he's back where he wants to be.

"I spoke to both of them and they told me what a great club it is, how the gaffer works and what the team spirit is like here. That just helped me make my decision a little bit easier."

Given the Millers' healthy defensive record and with the likes of Richard Wood and Michael Ihiekwe setting high standards, the 28-year-old acknowledges that there will be competition for places in the heart of the back line, but he wants to repay the faith shown in him by Paul Warne.

"It wont be easy, but I'm challenging myself to get into the team. Obviously the lads are winning and I'll support them no matter what, but it's up to me to fight for a spot," Tilt told www.themillers.co.uk.

"Every team has ambitions of getting into the Championship, but Rotherham are top of the league at the moment and fingers crossed we can get over the line and I can help us get there come the end of the season.

"I can't wait to get involved, introduce myself to people around the stadium, and then the hard work starts Monday down at the training ground."

Taylor Moore
Defender Arrives From Bristol City
Just now

Large

Blackpool Football Club has reached an agreement with Bristol City to sign Taylor Moore on loan.
The defender, who arrives until the end of the season, has made 24 appearances for the Robins this term, including 21 in the Championship.
Having started his professional career in France, making his debut as a 17-year-old with Lens, he joined Bristol City for an undisclosed fee in 2016.

Capped at various levels for England, the 22-year-old was also part of the under-17 side that won the European Championships in 2014.
No stranger to League One, he spent last season on loan with Southend United and previously turned out for Bury and Cheltenham Town.
Manager Simon Grayson said:
“When we knew that Curtis Tilt could be leaving and heard that Taylor Moore was available, we quickly moved to bring him in. He’s played a lot of games in the Championship this season and offers great versatility across the back four. He’s a really good signing for us.”

It's been reported that it was us .....

Southend also opted to turn down an offer, which was also six figures, for Stephen Humphrys which was made by a League One club on deadline day.