January transfer window | Page 48 | Vital Football

January transfer window

If that's Pett on his way, along with Toff, and probably Coker and Payne, that would leave us with an available squad of, what, 21?

Appleton said Pett had no part in his plans this morning, as well as Coker, but the question was not asked about Payne.

Appleton said Pett had no part in his plans this morning, as well as Coker, but the question was not asked about Payne.
He talked about Payne after the Bolton match. I paraphrase but basically he has to work harder in training and take his chance (if) when it comes - Appleton said he won't stand in players way but they have to prove themselves...
Can't say fairer than that really imo

If Toff is going to Huddersfield (or anywhere) this week, I don't think we'll know until some point tomorrow. Just like we wouldn't give Blackpool any advance notice of any player(s) that we would sign and potentially play on Saturday....

Of course, it would be great if he were not to move and extend his contract with us.

Come on you Imps!!!!!!!!!!!!©

He talked about Payne after the Bolton match. I paraphrase but basically he has to work harder in training and take his chance (if) when it comes - Appleton said he won't stand in players way but they have to prove themselves...
Can't say fairer than that really imo

I think Paynes been unlucky. He started the season excellently.. had a few quiet games and got shoved to the left, before being dropped. I think hes shown more than Hesketh has in the hole behind Walker. He is also not on loan..

Said it in a different thread but think Payne's issue was end product and taking too many touches. Hesketh doesn't pass the eye test so much but has had some telling goal contributions recently, if you think things like the touch for Anderson's goal the other week and his performance against Ipswich. Also think you maybe carry Payne defensively slightly more, although he was charging around pressing.

Pett I am more surprised about not fitting the style as someone who can play a pass and break from midfield too?

Said it in a different thread but think Payne's issue was end product and taking too many touches. Hesketh doesn't pass the eye test so much but has had some telling goal contributions recently, if you think things like the touch for Anderson's goal the other week and his performance against Ipswich. Also think you maybe carry Payne defensively slightly more, although he was charging around pressing.

Pett I am more surprised about not fitting the style as someone who can play a pass and break from midfield too?
The only thing I can think of r.e. Pett is possibly not as athletic as MA would like. Technically he's pretty sound but maybe isn't box to box enough for MA? Pett isn't slow, but I wouldn't have him down as pacy either.

If that's Pett on his way, along with Toff, and probably Coker and Payne, that would leave us with an available squad of, what, 21?

From the current squad thread:

Total: 26 (signed: 21, In on loan: 5)
Out on loan: 2

Players available: 24

If Melbourne is lined up as the full time replacement for toff, that puts an end to having him as the back up cb. So we will need to sign a cb, or bring in a cb as a sixth loan.

In one of his pressers MA has said he will look at this but probably towards the end of January.