January transfer window | Page 15 | Vital Football

January transfer window

Like Toony I reckon it's a difficult one to judge...

Hopefully we have enough in now which might also bring out better in what we had - Lascelles, Fraser & St Max as examples

I've heard Stavely and co getting praised from some of those they have negotiated with so I'm certainly not going to criticise them for not getting this or that done when we don't know what they have faced

I also get the impression that a lot of the difficult work might already be done in some cases for the Summer window

It's very much up to Howe now
:thumbup:

Good signings but still think we're short of goal scorers
Fair point tik, fingers crossed our new players will make us stronger in defence and I'm not writing Chris Wood off just yet, he has goals in him.

Hopefully he will be available for the Everton game as the pcr sickness has struck the NZ squad.

Lingard would have been added to list had it not been for Joel Glazer. The player was keen to sign for us and the terms of the loan deal were close to being agreed but for some reason JG said no.

Lingard would have been added to list had it not been for Joel Glazer. The player was keen to sign for us and the terms of the loan deal were close to being agreed but for some reason JG said no.
Might of been because of that other kid getting locked up. I think Martial left as well so they might feel like they are short of numbers up front. Anyway they will lose Lingard for nowt in the summer now.

Fair point tik, fingers crossed our new players will make us stronger in defence and I'm not writing Chris Wood off just yet, he has goals in him.

Hopefully he will be available for the Everton game as the pcr sickness has struck the NZ squad.

Agree with this but still feeling a little underwhelmed at the lack of attacking options. Surely even Ramsay would have been a good shout to bolster the midfield.

If we stay up, and it’s a big if, they need to get the likes of Lingard in on the first day he’s available. Let’s see if he’s as keen as suggested. The French lad can fuck off but hopefully Botman is ready for 1st July (or whenever the window opens) as there’s no excuses now.

Good as chance of any of the bottom group of staying up. I just hanker after a or even two strikers that will bang in 30 goals between them a season. Its been a long time since we had even one that could score like that

Whatever happens now, surely Dwight Gayle realises he may be given his last chance to stake a claim if Woods misses out with Corona. Be a nice headache if Gayle starts getting them on a plate as he's a confidence player.

Happy with the signings, like many would've loved a striker, at least they tried!
If Howe can get Willock performing like he did at the end of last season making forward runs & scoring a few goals I think the defensive side looks sorted.
Guimaraes looks like he could be pivotal, class signing.
Give the captaincy to Trippier & lets see what happens, looking forward to it.
If we go down,wtf.Fatties gone!

Happy with the signings, like many would've loved a striker, at least they tried!
If Howe can get Willock performing like he did at the end of last season making forward runs & scoring a few goals I think the defensive side looks sorted.
Guimaraes looks like he could be pivotal, class signing.
Give the captaincy to Trippier & lets see what happens, looking forward to it.
If we go down,wtf.Fatties gone!

I agree that Trippier is captain material and I reckon he will be next season but in the short term it has to officially stay with Lascelles in order not to upset the applecart. Unofficially though, we need eleven captains on that pitch every game to get us to safety.

Saying in The Chron that Diego Costa is a free agent now,he might be 36 now but he had a good knack of getting goals,might be worth a shout.

Doubt anyone had heard of Guimaraes before the window. Everyone now creaming themselves. Time will tell.

Diego Costa is exactly what we don't need. Has a history of falling out with coaches and disrupting dressing rooms. The only way we stay up is if everyone buys into trying to be a part of the future here. I'm hoping the new arrivals make the existing players step it up. Shelvey's been much improved since Howe came here as has Joelinton. For too long we've had players who didn't want the ball, that were happy to not make runs and provide options when people were actually on it or drop to the edge of the area when defending. Have to start winning it up the park, press teams in and play through as well as use the talented wide players we've got to get in behind teams. If are main striker currently is Wood I'd like to think all the wide players have been on crossing drills for the last fortnight.

Agree we need 11 captains.
Fuck upsetting the applecart tho it needs overturned.
Let's hope Howe does it.
Our current captain would have to be a deluded moron if he thinks he's a better leader than Trippier ry,
There will be no apples spilled when it happens.

Good as chance of any of the bottom group of staying up. I just hanker after a or even two strikers that will bang in 30 goals between them a season. Its been a long time since we had even one that could score like that
The way our owners hoyed money about in a notoriously difficult window leads me to believe your/our wish will come true next season even if we are relegated, which I doubt.