January transfer window | Vital Football

January transfer window

Rza

Vital Champions League
Ok so it seems we'll actually have a budget for a change. Also been seeing that we will be paying over inflated prices due to our new found wealth. One particular way around this of course is to go for players nearing the end of their contracts. Pre contract agreements could also help us avoid this in the summer window.

Of course it's only a matter of time before it catches up and we end up paying twice the players value, but I think for now at least, the best approach would be a cautious one and any players coming in on big wages should be offered short term contracts. Who knows if we'll go for experience or youth but I do believe we need a DOF as soon as possible.

Clubs with money overpay, particularly those that are building. Its an unfortunate part of the game but Chelsea (£15.8 million for devils dandruff fiend Adrian Mutu, 17 million for Damien Duff, 6.9 million for Geremi)) had to pay big money as did Manchester City (£32 million for Robinho ?? 17.5 million for Nigel De Jong ?). Considering the current predicament all we have to entice players is promise and cash.

With our commercial income due to rocket soon plus sponsorship renewals coming as well as the financial rules allowing us a £200m net, we can go out and blow it on 2 or 3 world class players or do a small build on the grade below.

It's just so refreshing having a blank canvas again where we just dont know for certain who we'll go for or what we will spend. There wont even be the long dragged out saga that wastes all of the window time. Exciting times ahead.

The results we get between now and January will go a long way to making up the minds of a lot of potential signings. And the whinging that is coming from other clubs is doing my head in. 14 years of being an also ran coming to an end hasn't gone down well with them.

Y
Clubs with money overpay, particularly those that are building. Its an unfortunate part of the game but Chelsea (£15.8 million for devils dandruff fiend Adrian Mutu, 17 million for Damien Duff, 6.9 million for Geremi)) had to pay big money as did Manchester City (£32 million for Robinho ?? 17.5 million for Nigel De Jong ?). Considering the current predicament all we have to entice players is promise and cash.
You are correct but none of those 2 were threatened with relegation. We sort of have to prepare for not having a massive wage bill in the championship. Like someone said tho January will probably be dictated by our results between now and then.

Y

You are correct but none of those 2 were threatened with relegation. We sort of have to prepare for not having a massive wage bill in the championship. Like someone said tho January will probably be dictated by our results between now and then.
Yes we may need a minor miracle by then the way it’s going.

Need a quality goalkeeper, two fullbacks, a central defender, creative midfielder and another striker for starters

The players I would like to see at the club in January are any 2 from Tarkowski,Coady and Ake in midfield any 2 from Wignaldum,Ramsay and Lindgard and up front Lacazette all with good P.L. experience and all realistic targets which will add quality for at least the next 3 seasons.Also Henderson in goal would be another good addition.

Wijnaldum no thanks. Exactly the type of player we don't need in the dressing room. Has followed the money his whole career and chose psg over Barca and now he's thrown a strop because he doesn't get on.
Not to mention he downed tools last time he was here. Striker should be the main priority maybe even 2 strikers. We need goals

We need full backs for me. Then the second priority would be central defenders and a top class holding midfielder. Need to stop leaking goals every game.

We have 2 decent defenders in Schar and Fernandez. If anything happens Wilson we're fooked and history tells us he's not playing every match in the season.

We need back up in Jan as we know but also some point on the table it’s going to be tough that’s for sure.

Last edited:
With today's statement released from the club in which Staveley and co pretty much rubber stamped a spending spree by saying that a lot of effort has gone in already working on deals, the clock is ticking down to a new year, a new Newcastle and hopefully a time where we blow everybody out of the water with the Saudi's full potential being unleashed.

Gonna be an interesting month for once.

Predicted subs bench v Watford

Dubravka
Krafth
Fabian Schär
Lascelles
Manquillo
Ryan Fraser
Sean Longstaff
Jonjo Shelvey
Joelinton
Allan Saint-Maximin
Callum Wilson
Jacob Murphy
Almirón

First team to follow

Kieran Trippier
Sven Botman
Aubameyang

Last edited:
Will believe it when it happens but fear we are in the slow lane again and chasing players that are not interested in coming , instead of being realistic. Hope I am proved wrong. A DOF should be in place by now.

Why do you fear we are in the slow lane Owl?
Because Mc, Staveley is in charge and it seems the approval process needs to go through the Saudis according to reports. The way she handled the Manager search and DOF was/is not exactly speedy. I hope I am wrong and that they make some decent signings this week. Dont think the current squad will keep us up