January Transfer Targets & Rumors | Page 39 | Vital Football

January Transfer Targets & Rumors

Doesn't seem to be the same player he was for Watford. And that was a long time ago.

29 and crossing is a weakness.

We need something different, not more of the same

He's not a winger so that's ok...he's more a link player between midfield and attack and we desperately do need extra creative options apart from Carvalho. He's also 2 years younger than Grabban and usually you argue for experience...

Given his troubles on and off the pitch I'd be very cautious but in terms of talent and style he's absolutely needed. Well unless we persist with 80s ball.

He's not a winger so that's ok...he's more a link player between midfield and attack and we desperately do need extra creative options apart from Carvalho. He's also 2 years younger than Grabban and usually you argue for experience...

Given his troubles on and off the pitch I'd be very cautious but in terms of talent and style he's absolutely needed. Well unless we persist with 80s ball.

I know he isn't a winger, but what we need to fill in attacking gaps is someone who can cross a bloody ball.

I argue for a balance. I don't want a team of old men but I don't go in for "throw the academy lad's in" either.

We need something a bit different. Not sure any of the players linked either before or since O'Neill actually do that

I think McClean is that person, to deliver quality balls. He's just a total bell end though, so I'm on the fence whether I want that player at Forest

I know he isn't a winger, but what we need to fill in attacking gaps is someone who can cross a bloody ball.

I argue for a balance. I don't want a team of old men but I don't go in for "throw the academy lad's in" either.

We need something a bit different. Not sure any of the players linked either before or since O'Neill actually do that

Carvalho is our something a bit different. Forestieri would add to that and give us another option. Agreed..we need someone who can cross a ball. Someone like Snodgrass would do.

As nothing's actually happening, I note that Villa may have kept Abraham but they've lost Bolassie. We're not the only club fancied for the playoffs but underachieving and finding that our squad lacks depth.

Then there's Cardiff.....shocking news which goes beyond the normal football stuff.

There's lots worse than worrying about January signings (though I hope we make sure we have enough full backs, central defenders and strikers).