January Transfer Targets & Rumors | Page 41 | Vital Football

January Transfer Targets & Rumors

At some point, they need to give Arvin Appiah a chance at RW - still hasn't signed a new contract & interest from elsewhere.

He needs to know he's going to get a chance of 1st football, otherwise he'll follow Burke's footsteps!

Now he has!

BBC Nottingham Sport

@BBCRNS

·
21s

NEW DEAL: Forward Arvin Appiah has signed a new contract with #nffc. The 18-year-old, who’s made to first-team appearances so far, scoring in one of them at Burton, has signed a deal until the summer of 2023.

I feel sorry for Bridcutt. Decent player who can do the defensive stuff but also mobile. Maybe he has just lost his mojo and needs a move to kick start. Agree with you though OKD on the above.
Interesting that Mings has not as yet been announced for WBA unless I have missed it. Could we have made a move / improved offer?
I think another No.10 to take the pressure off Carvalho so he can come on for the last 25 - 30 mins.
Mings would be perfect for us as CB and FB cover.
A winger with end product (could Appiah about to be launched given he has signed an improved contract?)
We really need to be shipping out players as we could quite easily field two teams and three teams of midfielders !!

Just getting back to the guessing game of Formation for Saturday!!

This is only my thoughts and opinion - MoN is an intelligent manager & coach so I can't think he will be pig-headed enough to keep that 4-4-2 formation. At the moment he can only work with what he's got so I expect change.

He probably watched videos of all the sh!t matches and results before and during Christmas and decided a change was needed - a bit rash but hey-ho.

4-4-2 isn't a problem if you have the players to work it - if he wants that as an option, he will need a full pre-season to get the players use to working it.

Anyway, expect a few changes and a different formation for Saturday.

I feel sorry for Bridcutt. Decent player who can do the defensive stuff but also mobile.

Sorry, but I can't feel the same way as you about Bridcutt - he was his own worst enemy as to why he was dropped and never got his place back.

Last season he was booked 10 times out of 19 games and got suspended - he never started another game after that but made the subs bench 5 times and the only time he got on he got booked again.

The man is a brainless and a headless chicken - it's not like he puts in a full bloodied tackle and gets booked - it's all the niggling things you don't need from a player - arguing with the Ref - tripping players from behind or sticking a foot out to bring a player down when he's past you.

Being a defensive midfielder he always put us in trouble, giving away free kicks in dangerous areas.

I feel sorry for Bridcutt. Decent player who can do the defensive stuff but also mobile. Maybe he has just lost his mojo and needs a move to kick start. Agree with you though OKD on the above.
Interesting that Mings has not as yet been announced for WBA unless I have missed it. Could we have made a move / improved offer?
I think another No.10 to take the pressure off Carvalho so he can come on for the last 25 - 30 mins.
Mings would be perfect for us as CB and FB cover.
A winger with end product (could Appiah about to be launched given he has signed an improved contract?)
We really need to be shipping out players as we could quite easily field two teams and three teams of midfielders !!
Me too...
Dyou remember that game he scored in, where he was getting into the box a lot. Karanka must have told him to get forward more in that game.
Would love to get Bradley Dack in as competition for Carvalho..

Now he has!

BBC Nottingham Sport
@BBCRNS

·
21s

NEW DEAL: Forward Arvin Appiah has signed a new contract with #nffc. The 18-year-old, who’s made to first-team appearances so far, scoring in one of them at Burton, has signed a deal until the summer of 2023.

Great news - I was getting a bit concerned with the vultures circling = hopefully, Uncle Martin will have reassured him & that we now start to see him a bit more often.

At some point, they need to give Arvin Appiah a chance at RW - still hasn't signed a new contract & interest from elsewhere.

He needs to know he's going to get a chance of 1st football, otherwise he'll follow Burke's footsteps!
He has signed a 4 1/2 yrs deal.

Just getting back to the guessing game of Formation for Saturday!!

This is only my thoughts and opinion - MoN is an intelligent manager & coach so I can't think he will be pig-headed enough to keep that 4-4-2 formation. At the moment he can only work with what he's got so I expect change.

He probably watched videos of all the sh!t matches and results before and during Christmas and decided a change was needed - a bit rash but hey-ho.

4-4-2 isn't a problem if you have the players to work it - if he wants that as an option, he will need a full pre-season to get the players use to working it.

Anyway, expect a few changes and a different formation for Saturday.

On the basis that
1. we dont have many defenders atm, and
2. MON wants to play 2 up front,

surely the best formation is 3-5-2?
our remaining 3 Cb's (if you include Robinson)
2 wingbacks from osborn/cash/janko
murphy grabban up front
colback, jacob in the centre with Lolley given a roaming licence in front?
Just a thought.

I now wait for Tails at the NEP to suggest this within the next 24 hours as thats about the delay between a logical point of debate appearing on here and someone from the Post 'writing it up' in the absence of real news....

Agreed, but still Forest related - a lot of posts are utter sh!te and is more about back-biting and one-up-manship!!!

No criticising the post RDR - nice to see the update, but was pretty apparent that his time here was coming to an end, good that he has gone home early to see if he can secure a contract.

On the basis that
1. we dont have many defenders atm, and
2. MON wants to play 2 up front,

surely the best formation is 3-5-2?
our remaining 3 Cb's (if you include Robinson)
2 wingbacks from osborn/cash/janko
murphy grabban up front
colback, jacob in the centre with Lolley given a roaming licence in front?
Just a thought.

I now wait for Tails at the NEP to suggest this within the next 24 hours as thats about the delay between a logical point of debate appearing on here and someone from the Post 'writing it up' in the absence of real news....

I think Carvalho has to start (ahead of Colback & Yacob or Geddy)- MON is still assessing his squad, but sadly doesn't have much time to do it.

Harsh on BennyO, but I'd like to see Lolley on left - Robbo at LB, Fox & Yohan at CH..... Janko at RB, unless Byram getting close.

RM - unless, Gonch or Dias then give Arvin a run, can't be any worse than Cash who had a very poor game last week.

Drop Murphy & play Grabban up front alone.... bring Murph on if needed.

I think Carvalho has to start (ahead of Colback & Yacob or Geddy)- MON is still assessing his squad, but sadly doesn't have much time to do it.

Harsh on BennyO, but I'd like to see Lolley on left - Robbo at LB, Fox & Yohan at CH..... Janko at RB, unless Byram getting close.

RM - unless, Gonch or Dias then give Arvin a run, can't be any worse than Cash who had a very poor game last week.

Hopefully MON has realised he cannot play 2 up front!!!

Why not play Carvahlo up front as one of two strikers with Grabban or Murphy?
It’ll be much the same role as back in the day when Nigel played.
442 or 451, call it what you want, it all depends on the tasks/roles the players are given in a given game...

But that doesnt accommodate MON's desire for 2 up front.
Saturday may not be a spectacle but it will be interesting nonetheless!