January Transfer Targets & Rumors | Vital Football

January Transfer Targets & Rumors

redderthanred

Vital Reserves Team
O.K. - I'll kick this one off.

Names & rumored targets are starting to do the rounds, so anything you have or reports you see on players we are supposed to be linked with please post here no matter how ridiculous some may be - You can't be anymore ridiculous than some of the thick journo's that post their crap & absolute rubbish on a daily basis so let's get going.........................

Today I'm reading of Karl Darlow for £4m to either us - Leeds or Villa

Jermain Defoe!!!

Next..................

We were in for Defoe in the summer and he wants game time, so looks like he will be angling for a loan move to someone.... proven goal scorer, but I'm uncertain whether he'd fit our style of play.

Darlow - can't see him coming back here - lazy journalism.

Think we'll be looking at moving players on, whether via loan or permanent moves & probably more going out than in.

Two loan players who have not lived up to expectations are Dias and Goncalves. Poor signings; both have flattered to deceive. If the loan deals allow it, I would return them to their clubs.

This might pave the way for a better wide player, importantly with better delivery /final pass which we desperately need, and another striker to support Grabban.

I'm not keen on Pants as he doesn't inspire confidence (it can't be helping the defence) but maybe a GK is not urgent, for now.

Regardless of personal thoughts, Darlow is no better than Pants. Would rather get Pope if we could but he will go to Leeds or Villa. Don’t really know what keepers are out there that are worth a look.

Defoe is too old and wouldn’t be a good fit for our way of playing.

Be interesting to see what names are touted as the window gets closer and also who gets let go.

Last edited:
Ebere Eze looks an exciting young player , plays just off the lone striker normally .
Woud be an excellent addition and competition for Carvalho but QPR would no doubt be reluctant to sell.
No rumour just a player i'd like to see us in for.

Regardless of personal thoughts, Darlow is no better than Pants. Would rather get Pope if we could but he will go to Leeds or Villa. Don’t really know what keepers are out there that are worth a look.

Defoe is too old and wouldn’t be a good fit for our way of playing.

Be interesting to see what names are touted as the window gets closer and also who gets let go.

Keiren Westwood (3rd Choice at the Owls) always thought he was a steady shot stopper - commands his Area & is always vocal.

Gk who can kick the ball and vary his kickouts and actually make saves.

Lb to compete with Robinson so that we never have to see Osborn there again.

Two quality attacking midfielders.

Goncalves obviously doesn't have a future here and dias is no better. Won't see soudani probably for the rest of the season.

Completely agree re Goncalves and Dias.

Speroni was mentioned as a possible loan last season but I think hes far too old now but Dion Curtis Henry looks a promising talent down there.

O.K. - I'll kick this one off.

Names & rumored targets are starting to do the rounds, so anything you have or reports you see on players we are supposed to be linked with please post here no matter how ridiculous some may be - You can't be anymore ridiculous than some of the thick journo's that post their crap & absolute rubbish on a daily basis so let's get going.........................

Today I'm reading of Karl Darlow for £4m to either us - Leeds or Villa

Jermain Defoe!!!

Next..................

Darlow?

His masterbate.