January Transfer Rumours | Page 5 | Vital Football

January Transfer Rumours

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't really see why FGR would want to go for that to be honest. If he's one of their better players and they've paid out heavily to sign him why would they loan him out with an option to buy? Selling on at a profit yes but that surely doesn't make sense.

I don't really see why FGR would want to go for that to be honest. If he's one of their better players and they've paid out heavily to sign him why would they loan him out with an option to buy? Selling on at a profit yes but that surely doesn't make sense.
Loan fee high wage and new manager?

I see Brentford are looking for a 'rough diamond' to develop from Div 1/2 for when Toney goes at the end of the season, now if Ben House had been fitter .... or Freddie

Last edited:
Maybe he's a late developer, but he hasn't set the world alight anywhere until a decent half-season this year at Newport. Released after 18 months by Wimbledon, after a year by Morecambe, after 6 months by Salford (despite allegedly signing an 18-month deal) and then was picked up by Newport in the summer for free. Seems a bit strange we had never picked up on him until now and I'd be a bit concerned he was a one-hit wonder with Newport.

McLoughlin fits the skubala age and experience criteria. has 100+ games at league 1 level, and - assuming the stats are vaguely accurate - appears to play left and right side, mf and full back/wingback. the kind of versatility that would suit us.

not sure which criteria Mccann fits, as he is doing well in league 2, but then so was ali smith.

Maybe he's a late developer, but he hasn't set the world alight anywhere until a decent half-season this year at Newport. Released after 18 months by Wimbledon, after a year by Morecambe, after 6 months by Salford (despite allegedly signing an 18-month deal) and then was picked up by Newport in the summer for free. Seems a bit strange we had never picked up on him until now and I'd be a bit concerned he was a one-hit wonder with Newport.
Maybe McLoughlin is seen more as a steady citizen or whatever that category was Liam mentioned. Team at the moment heads can go down a bit quickly so versatile experience makes sense.

The Newport reviews are super positive at rwb and lwb.

Status
Not open for further replies.