January Transfer Rumours | Page 3 | Vital Football

January Transfer Rumours

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think Virtue is quite the player we will be looking for...but time will tell.

Reckon it might be someone more like McGrandles...

slightly more technically able...

...with the ability to sustain attacks rather than stop them.

I don't think Virtue is quite the player we will be looking for...but time will tell.

Reckon it might be someone more like McGrandles...

slightly more technically able...

...with the ability to sustain attacks rather than stop them.
I don’t think we are looking for either kind of player. I think we need a real ‘general’ and Captain style leader who could command the respect of the squad and keep them motivated. He may not be the best technical player but with experience, leadership qualities and grit. The sort of player who can get everyone up for a battle with a tackle or two. O’Connor isn’t far off that but I think he just lacks the leadership and motivational qualities. Just my opinion. (sorry Jules, just realised I’ve been sucked in by the thread 🤫🫣).

Last edited:
I guess it’s that horrible quiet time leading to the last few days of frantic activity. Next week should see a sudden flurry of activity.

The other thing is that these days very little leaks out of the club. In times past rumours would be rife.
There isn't really anyone left in the local press etc. that are close to the club..To have their finger on the pulse to know what is happening.
The Smith to Colchester is the only concrete rumour that we have had that came out before it happened . And I doubt that came out from the club.

I saw Cornell's most recent names list on Twitter was

Scott Fraser
Jorge Grant
Ebou Adams
Elliot Watt
Matty Virtue

I think these are usually taken from suggestions of names etc on social media or players linked with other clubs but a few are obviously familar names.

I saw Cornell's most recent names list on Twitter was

Scott Fraser
Jorge Grant
Ebou Adams
Elliot Watt
Matty Virtue

I think these are usually taken from suggestions of names etc on social media or players linked with other clubs but a few are obviously familar names.
The day that Cornell is ITK will be akin to the David Holdsworth era when all and sundry were recruited

Apologies if mentioned already, but have just seen a tweet suggesting Jaden Brown is on the verge of joining St Mirren on loan

Impressed with all three loan deals - Haks, Smith and Brown.

None in serious contention for a first team place and makes room for Skoobs to bring in players to suit both his system and his desire for more experience.

Other than a possible loan for Makama, I can't see any other departures looming and look forward to 2 or 3 incomings next week.

Brown just hasn’t settled into a squad role here so good for him to get a move.

Not sure if we would be after another full back with Sorensen right, Roughan left now we play a 4 and Burroughs covering both. We know Ted can competently play on the right too.

Certainly freeing up wages. Doesn’t sound like anything before Posh.

Status
Not open for further replies.