January Transfer Rumours | Vital Football

January Transfer Rumours

Status
Not open for further replies.
In case it got missed yesterday afternoon.

I was told that Hakeeb was going to Doncaster and Smith to Colchester.

We then got confirmation of Hakeeb so Smith to Colchester might be a possibility.

I wasn't told if either were loan or Permanent but suspect Smith would also be a loan unless MS don't rate him as a potential for the future.

Only other news i heard from this person was a few weeks before Moylan signed that he was signing so might be something in the Smith move.

In case it got missed yesterday afternoon.

I was told that Hakeeb was going to Doncaster and Smith to Colchester.

We then got confirmation of Hakeeb so Smith to Colchester might be a possibility.

I wasn't told if either were loan or Permanent but suspect Smith would also be a loan unless MS don't rate him as a potential for the future.

Only other news i heard from this person was a few weeks before Moylan signed that he was signing so might be something in the Smith move.
I can't tell if I find the Smith deal slightly more odd on the basis that we've seen how he has done in L2 and that was the basis for signing him. It's not like Draper where we get to see what he's made of on level down.

That makes me more concerned that the reading is he isn't seen as up to scratch if it goes through to Colchester as opposed to being a development loan. I think I'd have liked to have seen him play in his best position and crashing the box/ as a box-to-box midfielder seeing as he showed he can score goals and get up and down the pitch at Sutton.

But now I worry it was a recruitment misstep based on his physicality which was clearly a key characteristic MK wanted (and he didn't get the best out of him either) and MS doesn't fancy him.

I suppose next week will be the real busy time - last few days of the window. Still hoping for an experienced leader so any news on that front would be good, plus perhaps a right sided winger.

Are there any Colchester players we would be interested in? If so given the connection perhaps it’s part of a wider deal?

Are there any Colchester players we would be interested in? If so given the connection perhaps it’s part of a wider deal?
we just signed their top scorer.

fevrier (2 goals 6 assists) set up a few for taylor, looked tricky in the clips, seems to have played on either wing, but is on loan from west ham.

I cannot see us letting Smith go out on loan if we haven't got another midfielder coming in. So hopefully the Smith rumour has some legs and we have an experienced midfielder coming in on loan.

I can't tell if I find the Smith deal slightly more odd on the basis that we've seen how he has done in L2 and that was the basis for signing him. It's not like Draper where we get to see what he's made of on level down.

That makes me more concerned that the reading is he isn't seen as up to scratch if it goes through to Colchester as opposed to being a development loan. I think I'd have liked to have seen him play in his best position and crashing the box/ as a box-to-box midfielder seeing as he showed he can score goals and get up and down the pitch at Sutton.

But now I worry it was a recruitment misstep based on his physicality which was clearly a key characteristic MK wanted (and he didn't get the best out of him either) and MS doesn't fancy him.
I think the rumour probably has some legs and that Colchester would seem a good fit for him however Colchester are currently at the maximum amount of loans you can have so would have to have an outgoing loan to take Smith in.

Probably was more suited to MK style but....

I think he is a decent lower half L1 midfielder, top L2 midfielder.

If he improves good...

If not he will have suitors probably prepared to pay a fee....for a player we picked up, out of contract.

Not much to worry about.
A signing that made sense.

Very interesting that Smith did not play against Derby in central league today. With O'connor, Brown , Mandriou, Makama , Duffy and Moylan playing you would have expected him to at least been in the squad.
Big pointer towards him leaving on loan I think.

Very interesting that Smith did not play against Derby in central league today. With O'connor, Brown , Mandriou, Makama , Duffy and Moylan playing you would have expected him to at least been in the squad.
Big pointer towards him leaving on loan I think.
Or we had filled our quota on Over 21 players for that game meaning there's nothing to read into it

Col U fan in peace...

We've heard the Smith rumours, not sure if a permanent or a loan. What's he like?

He was brought to the club by our Director of Football as a player for us to develop. (We have a bit of an over obsession with this at the moment as it is part of our method for the future of the club)

I saw brief highlights of him as a Sutton player and he is a big lad who liked to make surging runs from the centre of the midfield.

A product of the Mansfield Academy he failed to make the grade there and found himself out on loan in the National League at Altrincham. Then joined Sutton in League 2 and made over 50 appearances for them before he came to us.

Hasn't really made an impact while he has been with us. Has found it difficult to make the breakthrough into our midfield, we have players at the club who will be on the teamsheet before him everytime that's why he has been a bit part player and his opportunities have been limited. Therefore when he has come into the team he has found it difficult to impose himself on games because of the inconsistency of selection.

Top half League 1 is totally different to bottom half of League 2 and he just needs game time again to regain his confidence in his performances.

We have seen glimpses of the player in there but the best thing for him at the moment would be a period of playing regularly so a loan out until the end of the season would be best for him when his situation could be assessed by all parties to see where his future lies from there.

He was brought to the club by our Director of Football as a player for us to develop. (We have a bit of an over obsession with this at the moment as it is part of our method for the future of the club)

I saw brief highlights of him as a Sutton player and he is a big lad who liked to make surging runs from the centre of the midfield.

A product of the Mansfield Academy he failed to make the grade there and found himself out on loan in the National League at Altrincham. Then joined Sutton in League 2 and made over 50 appearances for them before he came to us.

Hasn't really made an impact while he has been with us. Has found it difficult to make the breakthrough into our midfield, we have players at the club who will be on the teamsheet before him everytime that's why he has been a bit part player and his opportunities have been limited. Therefore when he has come into the team he has found it difficult to impose himself on games because of the inconsistency of selection.

Top half League 1 is totally different to bottom half of League 2 and he just needs game time again to regain his confidence in his performances.

We have seen glimpses of the player in there but the best thing for him at the moment would be a period of playing regularly so a loan out until the end of the season would be best for him when his situation could be assessed by all parties to see where his future lies from there.
Thanks for that.

Midfield is an area we aren't really short of bodies so I wonder if we're moving someone on.

Status
Not open for further replies.